'Britain’s Got Talent's' Darcy Oake Stuns Audience with Magic, Paddy Jones Dreams to Dance for the Queen
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 24, 2014 10:46 AM EST
“Britain’s Got Talent” competition is getting more interesting with promising contestants to join the show. Following the jaw-dropping salsa performance of wonder granny Paddy Jones and dance floor partner Nico Jones, illusionist Darcy Oake stuns both judges and audience with an astonishing magical show.
On Episode 2 of "Britain's Got Talent" Season 8, the judges witnessed a variety of performances. From Lettice Rowbotham's musical showcase with her electric violin to Edward Pinder's knife throwing, there is a lot to expect from the contestants until the live show airs, although not all from the "Auditions 2" received a resounding "yes" from the judges.
Darcy Oake, the 26-year-old illusionist from Canada, is worth mentioning, as the video of his magical tricks spreads on the Internet. Oake produced a dove and more doves out of nowhere that baffled the judges, earning him four easy "yes" from the judges. As of this writing, Oake's video already reached 8 million and still counting.
"You are without question the best magician we've ever had on the show. I think that we've uncovered a star with you. I really do," "Britain's Got Talent" judge Simon Cowell commented, apparently pleased with the young magician's performance.
Meanwhile, dancing granny Sarah "Paddy" Jones admitted on asking Nico Espinosa to lessen the risky routines in their acrobatic salsa performance.
Since Paddy, 79, is not as young and strong as she was, the pair have to work on less complicated dance routines. Paddy shared that there are times that she has to tell Nico that some moves are impossible because of her age, according to the Mirror UK report.
In the auditions, the pair earned Amanda Holden's golden buzzer that sends them directly to the live shows and cementing their names as one of the favourites to watch out for until the finals.
Paddy and Nico still cannot believe that they have gained the judges' approval and that they can move on to the next round of the battle. However, their first-hand success did not pass scrutinising eyes of some of "Britain's Got Talent" fans, blasting them for winning a talent show in Spain back in 2009 with the same dancing performance.
Moreover, Paddy said that winning "Britain's Got Talent" would mean to her more because of the chance to perform at the Royal Variety Performance.
"It would be my ultimate honour to perform to the Queen because I'm a strong royalist. To think I could dance for her would be superb," Paddy added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]