Selena Gomez Unfollows Everyone On Her Instagram Account, Undergoing Major Depression?
By Annie Dee | April 24, 2014 9:57 AM EST
Amidst reports that Selena Gomez is angry and depressed about her current situation with Justin Bieber and unattainable recovery from rehab, the singer unfollowed everyone from Instagram. Many took this as a sign that something major is happening with the "Come and Get It" singer. Could she be under a big depression, especially after she realized Justin Bieber had a past with current best bud, Kylie Jenner?
Singer Selena Gomez greets fans after accepting the favorite singer award at the 27th Annual Kids' Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California March 29, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzouni
Selena seems to be doing some sort of friends cleanse, at least from her Instagram. First, she cut the list of people she was following on Instagram down to 15 on April 21. And by April 22, she is following no one already!
Selena reportedly unfollowed Taylor Swift, Kendall and Kylie Jenner over the past couple of days, and then she unfollwed the person she loves most in the world - Justin Bieber! Which does nothing to clear people's speculations that Gomez is undergoing something critical. Many people are starting to worry too.
The reports of Justin and Kylie together once have yet to be confirmed, but the source behind the Hollywood Life's report is adamant that Selena Gomez firmly believes that something has gone on with Kylie and Justin and she cannot let this bit of information go. If this is true, not only could Selena's recovery from rehab be harder to achieve, she can suffer from a major depression too.
Who you follow and do not follow says a lot about a person. An Instagram unfollow can say a lot more. If Selena's suspicions are confirmed, Selena's rumored appearance on the upcoming season of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" just might not happen and fans will certainly be devastated.
Certainly, a depression can set the "Come and Get It" singer, who inspires a lot of people, kids and adults alike, back. She is Nickelodeon's "Most Favorite Female Singer" after all. Before news of Kylie and Justin and even before Selena Gomez started to unfollow anyone on Instagram, the singer posted Mary J. Blige's lyrics which act as an evidence that she is in a fragile condition.
According to her Instagram, she relates a great deal to Mary J. Blige's "Growing Pains," the title track of her 2007 album. Selena posted the song's lyrics, somehow signalling how relevant the words are to her.
Selena's pic, which was a screen grab from a 2008 article of MailOnline, read:
"But, as her latest album Growing Pains makes all too clear, unhappiness and insecurity are still constant companions and the record has enough anger and angst to thrill her fans of old."
"A typical example is the album's title track whose lyrics include: "I got every material thing I could ever need/ I got the love from my fans that adore me/ And I'm grateful/ But my love for myself is lacking a little bit/ I have to admit that I'm working on me.""
""It's going to take a long while to recover," she says. "I can't understand how anybody could think things are perfect."
""I'm not saying I haven't made progress but I have got a lot of work to do if I want to sustain this breakthrough and stay in a positive state of mind.""
Whatever is happening with Selena Gomez now, we hope she can recover from. Her parents, more than her friends, can probably help her. Parents do not serve ultimatums to cut ties with their children over boys (at least the understanding ones, which Selena Gomez has) and they do not go around cheating on her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation