Australians to Spend $13,000+ for 2014 Travels, Double Global Average of $5,500
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 24, 2014 8:52 AM EST
A TripBarometer survey by travel site TripAdvisor among 50,000 people from different countries named Australia and Italy as their top dream destinations with the two nations tied for first place.
They were followed by the U.S., France and New Zealand.
But they are merely dream destinations, not based on actual travel intentions of plans, since the survey was premised on money not being a problem in reaching their desired destinations.
The same survey found that Aussies listed Canada and Italy as their dream destinations, but they actually plan to go to the U.S. in the next 12 months. The information shows a shift in preference since in the last year, Thailand was the favourite destination of Australians.
Australia being a progressive country, it would not be surprising that Aussies plan to spend an average of $13,831 for their 2014 travel, more than double the yearly global average spend of $5,498.
Tourist-oriented establishments would be happy to know that prospects appear bright in the coming months since 90 per cent of the survey respondents plan domestic travel, while 77 per cent plan to go overseas.
Here are the top 10 dream destinations of the respondents:
1. & 2. Australia and Italy
5. New Zealand
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports