IPL 2014 Match 10 Video: Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 24, 2014 4:25 AM EST
There was no sixes hit every over, massive scores to chase down, with the crowd in need of hard hats, but in an equally gripping IPL 2014 game, the Chennai Super Kings came out smiling, pulling off a seven-run win over the Rajasthan Royals in Dubai.
The Royals looked set for a second victory of the season, chasing down a target of 141, after CSK posted 140 for six in their 20 overs, but a flurry of wickets, triggered by man of the match Ravindra Jadeja, put paid to those hopes as Chennai eventually held on for a comfortable-enough win.
"We're really disappointed, we only needed one decent partnership to get over the line, but we couldn't manage it," said Royals skipper Shane Watson, one of many batsmen to give away his wicket. "We had a really good bowling effort, but the batting side was just not up to the standards.
"We have to certainly be better next time to chase down such a score next time. We have to show more responsibility, and, myself, especially as a captain I need to perform better."
Watson acknowledged it might be a better idea for him to go higher up the order, with the No.4 position not exactly working out.
"That is something we are looking at, not just me, but the entire batting order, as we look to find the best positions for the batsmen. It is something we need to look at."
CSK captain MS Dhoni was quite happy with his team's effort, especially with the ball, on a wicket which he felt was not tailor-made for the batsmen.
"I think it was a very good game, I thought the wicket got slower as the game progressed which made it difficult for the Rajasthan Royals batsmen," he said at the presentation ceremony. "The ball was stopping, and bouncing slowly which made it difficult for the batsmen."
"Ishwar Pandey bowled the perfect length, and he was backed by the rest of the bowlers. Overall, it is looking very good."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop