IPL 2014 Match 10 Video: Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 24, 2014 4:25 AM EST
There was no sixes hit every over, massive scores to chase down, with the crowd in need of hard hats, but in an equally gripping IPL 2014 game, the Chennai Super Kings came out smiling, pulling off a seven-run win over the Rajasthan Royals in Dubai.
The Royals looked set for a second victory of the season, chasing down a target of 141, after CSK posted 140 for six in their 20 overs, but a flurry of wickets, triggered by man of the match Ravindra Jadeja, put paid to those hopes as Chennai eventually held on for a comfortable-enough win.
"We're really disappointed, we only needed one decent partnership to get over the line, but we couldn't manage it," said Royals skipper Shane Watson, one of many batsmen to give away his wicket. "We had a really good bowling effort, but the batting side was just not up to the standards.
"We have to certainly be better next time to chase down such a score next time. We have to show more responsibility, and, myself, especially as a captain I need to perform better."
Watson acknowledged it might be a better idea for him to go higher up the order, with the No.4 position not exactly working out.
"That is something we are looking at, not just me, but the entire batting order, as we look to find the best positions for the batsmen. It is something we need to look at."
CSK captain MS Dhoni was quite happy with his team's effort, especially with the ball, on a wicket which he felt was not tailor-made for the batsmen.
"I think it was a very good game, I thought the wicket got slower as the game progressed which made it difficult for the Rajasthan Royals batsmen," he said at the presentation ceremony. "The ball was stopping, and bouncing slowly which made it difficult for the batsmen."
"Ishwar Pandey bowled the perfect length, and he was backed by the rest of the bowlers. Overall, it is looking very good."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS