IPL 2014 Match 10 Video: Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 24, 2014 4:25 AM EST
There was no sixes hit every over, massive scores to chase down, with the crowd in need of hard hats, but in an equally gripping IPL 2014 game, the Chennai Super Kings came out smiling, pulling off a seven-run win over the Rajasthan Royals in Dubai.
The Royals looked set for a second victory of the season, chasing down a target of 141, after CSK posted 140 for six in their 20 overs, but a flurry of wickets, triggered by man of the match Ravindra Jadeja, put paid to those hopes as Chennai eventually held on for a comfortable-enough win.
"We're really disappointed, we only needed one decent partnership to get over the line, but we couldn't manage it," said Royals skipper Shane Watson, one of many batsmen to give away his wicket. "We had a really good bowling effort, but the batting side was just not up to the standards.
"We have to certainly be better next time to chase down such a score next time. We have to show more responsibility, and, myself, especially as a captain I need to perform better."
Watson acknowledged it might be a better idea for him to go higher up the order, with the No.4 position not exactly working out.
"That is something we are looking at, not just me, but the entire batting order, as we look to find the best positions for the batsmen. It is something we need to look at."
CSK captain MS Dhoni was quite happy with his team's effort, especially with the ball, on a wicket which he felt was not tailor-made for the batsmen.
"I think it was a very good game, I thought the wicket got slower as the game progressed which made it difficult for the Rajasthan Royals batsmen," he said at the presentation ceremony. "The ball was stopping, and bouncing slowly which made it difficult for the batsmen."
"Ishwar Pandey bowled the perfect length, and he was backed by the rest of the bowlers. Overall, it is looking very good."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon