Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Striker Gives Fans a Sign that He Might Head to the Bridge
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 24, 2014 1:49 AM EST
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa gave Chelsea supporters a sign that he might be donning the blue uniform next season after the first leg of the Champions League semi-finals at the Vicente Calderon Stadium.
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa was suggested to have waved to Chelsea supporters after their Champions League semi-final clash at the Vicente Calderon
The Daily Mail claims that the 25-year-old, who walked past the away fans, waved as they sang "Diego Costa, we'll see you next year."
He has been heavily linked with a move to Stamford Bridge since January to reinforce the Blues' misfiring forwards in Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o, and Demba Ba, but nothing ever came to fruition as the Rojiblancos were firm in keeping their prized possession, at least, until the season ends.
The Brazil-blooded Spain international has, so far, tallied a total of 35 goals and 5 assists in all competitions, helping Atletico to a possible title-winning season in the La Liga, and could be Jose Mourinho's main guy to provide numbers on the scoresheet in next year's campaign.
A player-plus-cash swoop involving Torres on one end, and Costa on the other, is suggested to be a viable option for both clubs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million