Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Striker Gives Fans a Sign that He Might Head to the Bridge
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 24, 2014 1:49 AM EST
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa gave Chelsea supporters a sign that he might be donning the blue uniform next season after the first leg of the Champions League semi-finals at the Vicente Calderon Stadium.
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa was suggested to have waved to Chelsea supporters after their Champions League semi-final clash at the Vicente Calderon
The Daily Mail claims that the 25-year-old, who walked past the away fans, waved as they sang "Diego Costa, we'll see you next year."
He has been heavily linked with a move to Stamford Bridge since January to reinforce the Blues' misfiring forwards in Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o, and Demba Ba, but nothing ever came to fruition as the Rojiblancos were firm in keeping their prized possession, at least, until the season ends.
The Brazil-blooded Spain international has, so far, tallied a total of 35 goals and 5 assists in all competitions, helping Atletico to a possible title-winning season in the La Liga, and could be Jose Mourinho's main guy to provide numbers on the scoresheet in next year's campaign.
A player-plus-cash swoop involving Torres on one end, and Costa on the other, is suggested to be a viable option for both clubs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon