Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Striker Gives Fans a Sign that He Might Head to the Bridge
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 24, 2014 1:49 AM EST
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa gave Chelsea supporters a sign that he might be donning the blue uniform next season after the first leg of the Champions League semi-finals at the Vicente Calderon Stadium.
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa was suggested to have waved to Chelsea supporters after their Champions League semi-final clash at the Vicente Calderon
The Daily Mail claims that the 25-year-old, who walked past the away fans, waved as they sang "Diego Costa, we'll see you next year."
He has been heavily linked with a move to Stamford Bridge since January to reinforce the Blues' misfiring forwards in Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o, and Demba Ba, but nothing ever came to fruition as the Rojiblancos were firm in keeping their prized possession, at least, until the season ends.
The Brazil-blooded Spain international has, so far, tallied a total of 35 goals and 5 assists in all competitions, helping Atletico to a possible title-winning season in the La Liga, and could be Jose Mourinho's main guy to provide numbers on the scoresheet in next year's campaign.
A player-plus-cash swoop involving Torres on one end, and Costa on the other, is suggested to be a viable option for both clubs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2