Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for HTC Droid DNA Confirmed: Sense 5.5 Upgrade Also Available
By Raymond Ronamai | April 24, 2014 12:27 AM EST
The HTC DROID DNA, Verizon's version of the HTC Butterfly, might be overshadowed by HTC One and its successor HTC One (M8), but the Taiwan smartphone makers seem to have a soft corner for the device, as it is set to receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat and Sense 5.5 updates on Thursday (24 April).
File photo of customers looking at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei
Mo Versi, Executive Director of Product Management, HTC, revealed on his twitter page that the HTC DROID DNA would get Android 4.4.2 KitKat update more than one year after it was launched with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Operating System.
DNA Owners! Appreciate your patience, we have technical approval for OS 4.4.2 + Sense 5.5. Expect OTA updates to start on 4/24. Thanks!
— Mo (@moversi) April 22, 2014
The android update came after much delay but Droid DNA owners will be glad that HTC kept its word of supporting its flagship devices with new software releases. In fact, the firmware release will breathe a new life into the device.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update will give DNA a boost, as it will bring everything that is seen in HTC One that got best smartphone of 2013 award at the MWC event this year. Sense 5.5 upgrade will also improve features like BlinkFeed and video highlights. HTC had earlier revealed that One series would get Sense 6 update but it didn’t mention DROID DNA.
The updates of the firmware will begin on Thursday but users of HTC DROID DNA may have to wait till the weekend for it to arrive. Verizon Support Page is expected to give detailed update instructions of the OS on Thursday.
HTC Droid DNA, which was launched in December 2012, run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS and has Sense 4+ interface. It introduced 1080 x 1920 pixels display with 441 ppi through the while 720p was still the standard. Powered by Quad core, 1500 MHz, Krait processor, the device has 2048 MB RAM., the device has 2048 MB RAM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet