Champions League Live Stream: Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich First Leg – TV Schedule, Statistics and Live Commentary
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 24, 2014 12:25 AM EST
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after scoring against Borussia Dortmund, 2 April. Reuters
Madrid punched its way to the semifinal round of the Champions League after staving off Borussia Dortmund 3-2 in their quarterfinal showdown. Now, Carlo Ancelotti's squad is facing a much stiffer challenge in the presence of defending champions Bayern Munich, which needed a 3-1 performance in the second leg of their quarterfinal face-off with Manchester United to make their return bid in the semis.
Ancelotti said his guys are ready to battle with the German football powerhouse despite the absence of their leading goal-scorer and arguably the best football player in the world in Cristiano Ronaldo.
"Cristiano trained normally today, he's trained well in the last few days and tomorrow he's going to have more tests and then we'll make our decision," Ancelotti told a press conference via ESPN FC.
"If everyone is everyone is certain he can play without any problems at all, then of course he will play. I am confident he will play, but we're going to make the decision tomorrow (Wednesday)."
Ancelotti said he would not dare to try the same mistake Barcelona made a year ago, when they decided to let a badly-injured Lionel Messi play against Munich also in the semis of the Champions League. The Italian tactician added he may sit Ronaldo in the first leg, than putting him at risk ahead of the more important second leg Munich next week.
"If there's any risk of a relapse he won't play. We have to remember that this tie is not going to be decided tomorrow. We may be able to gain an advantage from the home leg, but the really decisive game is next Tuesday in Munich," Ancelotti stated.
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich head coach Pep Guardiola believed his team's competitiveness dropped a notch when they wrapped up the German Bundes Liga title in March. Then again, he stressed his team will get back to tip-top shape once they play Real Madrid in the battle of the European powerhouses.
"Normally, when you win a title, you lose your desire and focus a little - you lose this zeal. That is why I am so proud of my team, because last year they won everything and the coach changed and they accepted my little changes and this year we have won the Bundesliga, we are in final of the cup and semi-finals of the Champions League," Guardiola stated in an interview.
Live Stream, Schedule & Stats
Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich UEFA Champions League semifinal match will start at 4:45 a.m (Perth Time). Live Stream feed is available on Sports TV Live while statistics and live commentary is available on ESPN FC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features