Champions League Live Stream: Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich First Leg – TV Schedule, Statistics and Live Commentary
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 24, 2014 12:25 AM EST
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after scoring against Borussia Dortmund, 2 April. Reuters
Madrid punched its way to the semifinal round of the Champions League after staving off Borussia Dortmund 3-2 in their quarterfinal showdown. Now, Carlo Ancelotti's squad is facing a much stiffer challenge in the presence of defending champions Bayern Munich, which needed a 3-1 performance in the second leg of their quarterfinal face-off with Manchester United to make their return bid in the semis.
Ancelotti said his guys are ready to battle with the German football powerhouse despite the absence of their leading goal-scorer and arguably the best football player in the world in Cristiano Ronaldo.
"Cristiano trained normally today, he's trained well in the last few days and tomorrow he's going to have more tests and then we'll make our decision," Ancelotti told a press conference via ESPN FC.
"If everyone is everyone is certain he can play without any problems at all, then of course he will play. I am confident he will play, but we're going to make the decision tomorrow (Wednesday)."
Ancelotti said he would not dare to try the same mistake Barcelona made a year ago, when they decided to let a badly-injured Lionel Messi play against Munich also in the semis of the Champions League. The Italian tactician added he may sit Ronaldo in the first leg, than putting him at risk ahead of the more important second leg Munich next week.
"If there's any risk of a relapse he won't play. We have to remember that this tie is not going to be decided tomorrow. We may be able to gain an advantage from the home leg, but the really decisive game is next Tuesday in Munich," Ancelotti stated.
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich head coach Pep Guardiola believed his team's competitiveness dropped a notch when they wrapped up the German Bundes Liga title in March. Then again, he stressed his team will get back to tip-top shape once they play Real Madrid in the battle of the European powerhouses.
"Normally, when you win a title, you lose your desire and focus a little - you lose this zeal. That is why I am so proud of my team, because last year they won everything and the coach changed and they accepted my little changes and this year we have won the Bundesliga, we are in final of the cup and semi-finals of the Champions League," Guardiola stated in an interview.
Live Stream, Schedule & Stats
Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich UEFA Champions League semifinal match will start at 4:45 a.m (Perth Time). Live Stream feed is available on Sports TV Live while statistics and live commentary is available on ESPN FC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June