Champions League Live Stream: Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich First Leg – TV Schedule, Statistics and Live Commentary
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 24, 2014 12:25 AM EST
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after scoring against Borussia Dortmund, 2 April. Reuters
Madrid punched its way to the semifinal round of the Champions League after staving off Borussia Dortmund 3-2 in their quarterfinal showdown. Now, Carlo Ancelotti's squad is facing a much stiffer challenge in the presence of defending champions Bayern Munich, which needed a 3-1 performance in the second leg of their quarterfinal face-off with Manchester United to make their return bid in the semis.
Ancelotti said his guys are ready to battle with the German football powerhouse despite the absence of their leading goal-scorer and arguably the best football player in the world in Cristiano Ronaldo.
"Cristiano trained normally today, he's trained well in the last few days and tomorrow he's going to have more tests and then we'll make our decision," Ancelotti told a press conference via ESPN FC.
"If everyone is everyone is certain he can play without any problems at all, then of course he will play. I am confident he will play, but we're going to make the decision tomorrow (Wednesday)."
Ancelotti said he would not dare to try the same mistake Barcelona made a year ago, when they decided to let a badly-injured Lionel Messi play against Munich also in the semis of the Champions League. The Italian tactician added he may sit Ronaldo in the first leg, than putting him at risk ahead of the more important second leg Munich next week.
"If there's any risk of a relapse he won't play. We have to remember that this tie is not going to be decided tomorrow. We may be able to gain an advantage from the home leg, but the really decisive game is next Tuesday in Munich," Ancelotti stated.
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich head coach Pep Guardiola believed his team's competitiveness dropped a notch when they wrapped up the German Bundes Liga title in March. Then again, he stressed his team will get back to tip-top shape once they play Real Madrid in the battle of the European powerhouses.
"Normally, when you win a title, you lose your desire and focus a little - you lose this zeal. That is why I am so proud of my team, because last year they won everything and the coach changed and they accepted my little changes and this year we have won the Bundesliga, we are in final of the cup and semi-finals of the Champions League," Guardiola stated in an interview.
Live Stream, Schedule & Stats
Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich UEFA Champions League semifinal match will start at 4:45 a.m (Perth Time). Live Stream feed is available on Sports TV Live while statistics and live commentary is available on ESPN FC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced