Nexus 6 Release Date: Nexus 5 Successor to be Cheaper than Moto G?
By Raymond Ronamai | April 23, 2014 11:23 PM EST
Amid speculations on the release date of Google Nexus 6, a report has emerged stating that successor of Nexus 5 might be priced under $100 - cheaper than Motorola Moto G.
Google is reportedly working with MediaTek on a smartphone that will be cheaper than the 8GB version of Moto G, according to a website called MTKSJ.com (Google translate). It stressed that the budget device would be priced under $100.
Screenshot from Google website
The smartphone is said to be the follow-up to Nexus 5 but it is very unlikely to be the much-hyped Google flagship device Nexus 6, which is set for release this fall.
Several conflicting reports on the release date of Nexus 6 have emerged, with some claiming that it would be unveiled after Google's I/O Developers Conference on 25 and 26 June in San Francisco, while others said that it would be launched only in November.
Google's VP Sundar Pichai had earlier said during the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced only in October. Twitter leaker @evleaks had also given a hint in one of its posts that the device would arrive sooner than expected, though no details, including the specifications and availability, were given.
The device is expected to feature a 20MP camera with HDR mode and other stunning graphics, according to Tech Cocktail, contradicting earlier reports that it would have a 13MP camera (main) and a 5MP front camera. It is likely to be waterproof, will house a 3200+ mAh battery and have features that will allow users to have access to Google content, like movies, videos, games, etc on their TVs.
It was also reported that Nexus 6 would sport a 5.2-inch full HD and curved LCD display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass, powered by a 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset with 3GB RAM and run on Android 4.5 Lollypop. It is also expected to have features like HTC proprietary BoomSound stereo speakers and have connectivity such as Bluetooth, NFC, Micro-USB, Wi-Fi and 4G.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build