Chelsea FC News: Blues Starting Defender and Goalkeeper Ruled Out of Return Leg Against Atletico Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 23, 2014 9:58 PM EST
Chelsea defender John Terry and first-choice goalkeeper Petr Cech will not be suiting up in the return leg of the Champions League semi-finals against Atletico Madrid.
Chelsea's Petr Cech and John Terry are ruled out of the return leg against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League
Jose Mourinho stated after the scoreless first-leg that the 31-year-old shot-stopper's season is over after he suffered shoulder injury 18 minutes into the game and was replaced by Mark Schwarzer.
Cech collided with Atletico Madrid's Raul Garcia in mid-air after following a corner that had him landing on his shoulders awkwardly.
Meanwhile, Terry twisted his ankle by himself in the second-half and was subbed off on the 73rd minute.
"Petr Čech's season is over. He won't play again this season, but I hope he can at least celebrate something with us. For John, we will have to reach the final for him to play again," said Mourinho.
The west London outfit will need to address issues concerning fatigue as they will face the Rojiblancos for a decider on Tuesday, but an equally important match against Premier League frontrunners Liverpool is scheduled two days prior
The west London outfit will be facing the Rojiblancos on Tuesday for a decider, but an equally important match against Premier League frontrunners Liverpool is scheduled two days prior and fatigue
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown