Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4 KitKat Guide: April and May Release, When to Hit Your Region
By Precious Silva | April 23, 2014 9:50 PM EST
Samsung users remained on the lookout for announcements about the Android 4.4 and Android 4.4.2 updates. Devices like Samsung Galaxy S4 have received the update although some users may have to wait depending on their region and carrier. Recent information suggests that Samsung Galaxy S3 users should not worry as latest announcements reveal several S3 models in line to receive the Android KitKat update. The same may go as well for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
According to a report by Android Geeks, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update should roll out in May to these Samsung Galaxy S3 models: GT-I9300, GT-I9305, SHV-E210K, SHV-E210L, SHV-E210S, SGH-T999/L, SGH-I747, SGH-N064, SGH-N035, SCH-J021, SCH-R530, SCH-I535, SCH-S960L, SCH-S968C, SPH-L710, SCH-I939 and SCH-S968C.
However, not all Galaxy S3 models are included in the list. Users of other models should wait for further announcements about the update. Google clarified before that users only need to allot 512 MB of their device's RAM to install the update. The update should be accessible to flagship models in previous years. Delayed or missing updates may depend on the carrier or the region. Some manufacturers have to tweak updates based on their offerings.
The update in the mentioned models should come soon. May is just around the corner. As for those not listed, it should be good to check from time to time with the carrier for announcements.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Update
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has started to trickle down Samsung Galaxy Note 2 devices. However, users are still wondering when the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update will happen for the device. According to another report by Android Geeks, the roll out should happen around May - similar to the time of KitKat roll out to many Samsung Galaxy S3 models. The report also listed several devices in line for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update:
International GT-N7100, International GT-N7105, China Unicom Gt-N7102,China Mobile GT-N7108, US Cellular SCH-R950, Verizon SCH-i605, AT&T SGH-i317, T-Mobile SGH-T889, Mobilicity, SaskTel and Telus SGH-i317M, China Telecom SCH-N719 and LG U+ SHV-E250L. Samsung and other carriers should announce more details and models soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments