Dulquer Salmaan vs Gautham Karthik: 'Vaayai Moodi Pesavum' to Clash with 'Yennamo Yedho'
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 23, 2014 9:17 PM EST
Dulquer Salmaan (Mammootty's son) and Nazriya Nazim's "Vaayai Moodi Pesavum" is all set to hit the screens on Friday (25 April).
Vaayai Moodi Pesavum Poster (Facebook)
The film marks Dulquer's Tamil film debut and also "Roja" girl Madhoo Bala's comeback to the silver screen.
Directed by Balaji Mohan of "Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Eppadi" fame, the Dulquer starrer is a romantic comedy that deals with communication problems. The director has developed the film's story around an imaginary disease called 'dumb flu'.
The film has already generated a lot of positive buzz, thanks to the innovative promotional strategies used by the team.
The romantic comedy is a bilingual flick and will be releasing in Malayalam as well. The Malayalam version, titled "Samsaram Arogyathinu Hanikaram", will hit the screens with the Tamil version on the same day, in more than 350 screens worldwide.
The film will clash with Gautham Karthik's "Ennamo Edho", which is also hitting theatres on 25 April.
"Yennamo Ydho" is the remake of hit Telugu film "Ala Modalaindi". The flick, deemed a romantic comedy, is directed by Ravi Tyagarajan. It will have Rakul Preet Singh, Nikesha Patel and Prabhu in pivotal roles.
"Yennamo Yedho" is Gautham's second film after the 2013 debacle "Kadal". Though the Maniratnam directorial failed to set the cash registers ringing, Gautham's performance had won accolades. The actor will be hoping that his second film turns out to be a big success.
While the original version of "Yennamo Yedho" was a hit, it remains to be seen whether the Tamil version will strike gold at the box office. The entertainer will face strong competition from "Vaayai Moodi Pesavum". It will be interesting to see which film will impress the audience and score well at the box office.
Besides these films, there are two more Tamil releases (lesser known films) including "Ennamo Nadakkuthu" and "Pongadi Neengalum Unga Kaadhalum", which will hit the screens on Friday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best