Dulquer Salmaan vs Gautham Karthik: 'Vaayai Moodi Pesavum' to Clash with 'Yennamo Yedho'
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 23, 2014 9:17 PM EST
Dulquer Salmaan (Mammootty's son) and Nazriya Nazim's "Vaayai Moodi Pesavum" is all set to hit the screens on Friday (25 April).
Vaayai Moodi Pesavum Poster (Facebook)
The film marks Dulquer's Tamil film debut and also "Roja" girl Madhoo Bala's comeback to the silver screen.
Directed by Balaji Mohan of "Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Eppadi" fame, the Dulquer starrer is a romantic comedy that deals with communication problems. The director has developed the film's story around an imaginary disease called 'dumb flu'.
The film has already generated a lot of positive buzz, thanks to the innovative promotional strategies used by the team.
The romantic comedy is a bilingual flick and will be releasing in Malayalam as well. The Malayalam version, titled "Samsaram Arogyathinu Hanikaram", will hit the screens with the Tamil version on the same day, in more than 350 screens worldwide.
The film will clash with Gautham Karthik's "Ennamo Edho", which is also hitting theatres on 25 April.
"Yennamo Ydho" is the remake of hit Telugu film "Ala Modalaindi". The flick, deemed a romantic comedy, is directed by Ravi Tyagarajan. It will have Rakul Preet Singh, Nikesha Patel and Prabhu in pivotal roles.
"Yennamo Yedho" is Gautham's second film after the 2013 debacle "Kadal". Though the Maniratnam directorial failed to set the cash registers ringing, Gautham's performance had won accolades. The actor will be hoping that his second film turns out to be a big success.
While the original version of "Yennamo Yedho" was a hit, it remains to be seen whether the Tamil version will strike gold at the box office. The entertainer will face strong competition from "Vaayai Moodi Pesavum". It will be interesting to see which film will impress the audience and score well at the box office.
Besides these films, there are two more Tamil releases (lesser known films) including "Ennamo Nadakkuthu" and "Pongadi Neengalum Unga Kaadhalum", which will hit the screens on Friday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate