Chelsea FC Transfer News: Swap Deal Involving Blues and Madrid Defenders Brewing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 23, 2014 8:59 PM EST
Chelsea are reported to be interested in sealing a player-for-player switch involving Blues defender David Luiz and Real Madrid's Raphael Varane.
A swap deal involving Chelsea's David Luiz and Real Madrid's Raphael Varane (R) is brewing
Liverpool FC Transfer News: River Plate Promising Youngster Made Available for Summer Move Alert Reds
Brazil international Luiz is finding himself in uncomfortable territory under the leadership of Jose Mourinho, who deploys him as a defensive midfielder, which is not his natural and preferred position being a centre-back.
On the other hand, Rapahel Varane, whose career flourished at the Bernabeu during the reign of the "Special One," is struggling to earn playing time under Carlo Ancelloti's watch and with his future still uncertain, he could opt to move away from Spain's capital.
Mourinho is still a big fan of the 20-year-old France international, who he selected over Los Blancos veteran, Pepe, because of strings of sloppy performances by the latter.
Despite signing Kurt Zouma from Saint Etienne in January, the west Londoners are still looking for a legitimate heir to the throne of ageing skipper John Terry.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity