'Race Gurram' Box Office Collection: Will Allu Arjun's Film Beat 'Mirchi', 'Yevadu' Total Figures?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 23, 2014 7:37 PM EST
"Stylish Star" Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" has entered the ₹40-crore club at the worldwide box office. The film minted ₹39.5 crore in 10 days and is estimated to have earned around 80 lakh on its 11th day.
Race Gurram Poster (Facebook/Race Gurram)
The family entertainer easily surpassed the ₹40-crore mark on Monday (21 April). It has emerged as the biggest hit in Allu Arjun's career beating the actor's "Julayi" full-run collections. Now, all eyes will be on the film to see whether it will manage to enter the ₹50-crore club.
With no big releases, "Race Gurram" is expected to continue its good run at the box office in the coming days. There are around five Telugu releases this Friday (25 April), after which there will be approximately five releases on 1 May. Rajinikanth's "Vikramasimha" will have the biggest release of all and it will be hitting theatres on a large scale on 9 May.
The release of new films will drastically reduce the screen count for "Race Gurram." If the Allu Arjun starrer manages to sustain its momentum in the next couple of weeks, it might have a chance to cross the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office. In case the Allu Arjun starrer enters the elite club, it will make its way into the list of all time top 10 worldwide share (Telugu films).
As "Race Gurram" has surpassed "Julayi" collections, the family entertainer has reportedly taken the 12th spot in the list of all time top 10 share. It is likely to surpass Sudeep-Nani's "Eega" full run collections (₹42.8 crore) very soon. If the film manages to get ₹50 crore share, it will beat the full run collections of several other biggies including "Racha" (₹45 crore), "Naayak" (₹46.5 crore), "Baadshah" (₹47 crore), "Yevadu" (₹47.1 crore) and "Mirchi" (₹47.45 crore). [Note: These numbers are referred from Andhraboxoffice website]
Of all these films, Ram Charan's "Yevadu" has hit the screens this year. The action entertainer has remained as the biggest hit of this year (so far). It remains to be seen if "Race Gurram" will be able to beat "Yevadu" total worldwide collections and emerge on top.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)