'Race Gurram' Box Office Collection: Will Allu Arjun's Film Beat 'Mirchi', 'Yevadu' Total Figures?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 23, 2014 7:37 PM EST
"Stylish Star" Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" has entered the ₹40-crore club at the worldwide box office. The film minted ₹39.5 crore in 10 days and is estimated to have earned around 80 lakh on its 11th day.
Race Gurram Poster (Facebook/Race Gurram)
The family entertainer easily surpassed the ₹40-crore mark on Monday (21 April). It has emerged as the biggest hit in Allu Arjun's career beating the actor's "Julayi" full-run collections. Now, all eyes will be on the film to see whether it will manage to enter the ₹50-crore club.
With no big releases, "Race Gurram" is expected to continue its good run at the box office in the coming days. There are around five Telugu releases this Friday (25 April), after which there will be approximately five releases on 1 May. Rajinikanth's "Vikramasimha" will have the biggest release of all and it will be hitting theatres on a large scale on 9 May.
The release of new films will drastically reduce the screen count for "Race Gurram." If the Allu Arjun starrer manages to sustain its momentum in the next couple of weeks, it might have a chance to cross the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office. In case the Allu Arjun starrer enters the elite club, it will make its way into the list of all time top 10 worldwide share (Telugu films).
As "Race Gurram" has surpassed "Julayi" collections, the family entertainer has reportedly taken the 12th spot in the list of all time top 10 share. It is likely to surpass Sudeep-Nani's "Eega" full run collections (₹42.8 crore) very soon. If the film manages to get ₹50 crore share, it will beat the full run collections of several other biggies including "Racha" (₹45 crore), "Naayak" (₹46.5 crore), "Baadshah" (₹47 crore), "Yevadu" (₹47.1 crore) and "Mirchi" (₹47.45 crore). [Note: These numbers are referred from Andhraboxoffice website]
Of all these films, Ram Charan's "Yevadu" has hit the screens this year. The action entertainer has remained as the biggest hit of this year (so far). It remains to be seen if "Race Gurram" will be able to beat "Yevadu" total worldwide collections and emerge on top.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery