'Race Gurram' Box Office Collection: Will Allu Arjun's Film Beat 'Mirchi', 'Yevadu' Total Figures?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 23, 2014 7:37 PM EST
"Stylish Star" Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" has entered the ₹40-crore club at the worldwide box office. The film minted ₹39.5 crore in 10 days and is estimated to have earned around 80 lakh on its 11th day.
Race Gurram Poster (Facebook/Race Gurram)
The family entertainer easily surpassed the ₹40-crore mark on Monday (21 April). It has emerged as the biggest hit in Allu Arjun's career beating the actor's "Julayi" full-run collections. Now, all eyes will be on the film to see whether it will manage to enter the ₹50-crore club.
With no big releases, "Race Gurram" is expected to continue its good run at the box office in the coming days. There are around five Telugu releases this Friday (25 April), after which there will be approximately five releases on 1 May. Rajinikanth's "Vikramasimha" will have the biggest release of all and it will be hitting theatres on a large scale on 9 May.
The release of new films will drastically reduce the screen count for "Race Gurram." If the Allu Arjun starrer manages to sustain its momentum in the next couple of weeks, it might have a chance to cross the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office. In case the Allu Arjun starrer enters the elite club, it will make its way into the list of all time top 10 worldwide share (Telugu films).
As "Race Gurram" has surpassed "Julayi" collections, the family entertainer has reportedly taken the 12th spot in the list of all time top 10 share. It is likely to surpass Sudeep-Nani's "Eega" full run collections (₹42.8 crore) very soon. If the film manages to get ₹50 crore share, it will beat the full run collections of several other biggies including "Racha" (₹45 crore), "Naayak" (₹46.5 crore), "Baadshah" (₹47 crore), "Yevadu" (₹47.1 crore) and "Mirchi" (₹47.45 crore). [Note: These numbers are referred from Andhraboxoffice website]
Of all these films, Ram Charan's "Yevadu" has hit the screens this year. The action entertainer has remained as the biggest hit of this year (so far). It remains to be seen if "Race Gurram" will be able to beat "Yevadu" total worldwide collections and emerge on top.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia