Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) - Specs And Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 23, 2014 6:35 PM EST
When it comes to catering to every kind of users, Samsung wins hands down with their choice of devices with different price ranges. While Galaxy Note 10.1's (2014) model got released in October 2013, the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 was released in the start of this year. Readers who are planning on buying one of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 or the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), here is the specification and price comparison pertaining to Australia.
Display, Size & Voice-Calling Capability
Both the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) have 10.1 inches screen and they share the same screen resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. The dimensions of the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 are (9.57 x 6.75 x 0.29) inches and it weighs 469 g, whereas the Galaxy Note 10.1 has dimensions of (9.57 x 6.75 x 0.31) inches and it weighs 547 g. Both the tablets' display uses Super Clear LCD technology.
However, both the tablets cannot be held or operated just by using one hand. The Note 10.1 (2014) and several models of Tab Pro 10.1 have the ability to make voice calls, however, the usage will not be easy without a pair of headphones owing to their size.
Hardware & Software
Both the tablets are powered by the same powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, quad core (2300 MHz) Krait processor. The difference comes in the form of system memory; while the Tab Pro 10.1 houses a 2 GB of RAM, the Note 10.1 (2014) houses a superior 3 GB of RAM.
Both the phones have a built-in storage of 16/32 GB, but it is expandable up to 64 GB with microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC cards support.
Both the tablets feature an 8 MP (LED Flash) rear facing camera with autofocus, digital zoom, panorama and geo tagging, among others. In addition, both the tablets house a 2 MP front facing camera.
Also, the Tab Pro 10.1 supports HDR and video calling.
There is no difference in the battery unit capacity either; both the tablets house an 8200 mAh battery unit (non-removable). Both the tablets can give up to 10 hours (multimedia).
Both the tablets support Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n 5GHz) and mobile hotspot. They also have USB 2.0 and microUSB slots. In addition, the Tab Pro 10.1 supports HDMI and TV-Out.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) and several models of Tab Pro 10.1 can make phone calls, and they support micro-sim.
Both the tablets come in 2 shades i.e. black and white.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 16GB 4G LTE is priced at AU $669.95 while the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1(2014) 16GB 4G LTE is priced at AU $629.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family