Ditch Blackberry for Windows Phone? Nokia’s Boldly Shows How in a Video [WATCH]
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 23, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Nokia's pitting against other brands and devices is far from being done. Recently, the Finnish manufacturer, in its official UK blog boldly shows how users can migrate from Blackberry to a new Lumia while consistently mentioning the phone's superiority against the competitor.
File picture shows a man walking past a Nokia logo during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, February 28, 2012. Nokia gave an upbeat forecast for its telecom equipment unit Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN), giving hope for a pickup in what will be the Finnish company's main business after the sale of its phones division to Microsoft. Shares in Nokia rose 6 percent after the company forecast NSN's profit margin would improve in the fourth quarter to around 12 percent, plus or minus 4 percentage points, from 8.4 percent in the third quarter. Picture taken February 28, 2012.
The Nokia UK blog hails the Lumia devices' Windows 8 operating system, saying that with Nokia's best looking handsets containing the best features, a BlackBerry phone would be old and slow in comparison.
The video shows the process of how BlackBerry users can successfully transfer their apps, photos, and music to their new Lumia phones. Primarily, it is a guide to encourage BlackBerry users to switch to a Nokia smartphone upon seeing that it will not take tremendous effort to take their "loved" apps and files with them.
Furthermore, Nokia is not only the manufacturer that tries to take BlackBerry away from its users. In an analysis by eWeek, it reported of Samsung being the major player among the brands that encourages users to ditch Blackberry in favour of its own Mobile Security Platform, the Knox 2.0.
Despite the pitting, BlackBerry still has a reason to celebrate this year. In an annual report on Canada's Top Tech Companies released by industry analyst Branham Group, BlackBerry Ltd. is ranked first as the top Canadian company in terms of revenue.
Following Nokia's acquisition by Microsoft, the company has been very bold in battling head on to its competitors through various media platforms. Back in March, Nokia UK posted a tweet in its official Twitter account asking Sony Xperia Z2 for a camera duel against its own flagship, the Nokia Lumia 1020. Earlier in April, Microsoft's digital assistant Cortana has been pitted against Apple's Siri in the Arsenio Hall Show, with Arsenio himself telling the audience that Cortana is "edgier" than Siri.
The release of iPhone 5c which was introduced by Apple as its "cheap alternative" did not also miss the watching eyes of Nokia's marketers. In a tweet, Nokia claimed that its Lumia 520 is the true "affordable phone" for the colourful.
The video that tells users it's time to ditch their Blackberry in favour of the new Lumia is no longer a surprise with Nokia and Microsoft's combined promotional "manipulations." However, those
How To Switch from BlackBerry To a Nokia Lumia Phone [Watch Video]
Does bolder mean better? We would love to hear your thoughts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October