‘The Bachelorette” Andi Dorfman’ Suitor Critically Injured In Paragliding Accident
By Anne Lu | April 23, 2014 6:14 PM EST
The new “The Bachelorette” Andi Dorfman’s suitor is in a medically induced coma after a paragliding accident. Eric Hill, who will be introduced as one of the contestants in the upcoming season of the U.S. reality show, was critically injured in Utah.
Unified Fire Authority Batallion Chief Brian Anderton told KUTV that the 32-year-old paraglider suffered critical injuries after his parachute collapse Sunday afternoon.
“He experienced a partial parachute collapse, which swung him into the mountainside with some velocity,” Anderton told KUTV. “It doesn’t seem like he fell an extremely long distance, but the velocity that he went into the hillside was enough to cause some trauma.”
The victim was found unconscious but breathing 100 to 150 feet up to mountain. He was transported to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition with possible head trauma.
According to E! News, the victim is none other than Hill, who is a contestant on upcoming tenth season of “The Bachelorette.”
ABC network hasn’t announced the names of those participating in the show yet, but the showbiz site has confirmed that Hill is indeed one of the contestants.
And although the show’s production is still on-going, he was already eliminated from the show at the time of his accident.
“This is really the first time something terrible has happened between the time of filming and airing the season so the network will have to figure out how to handle, and if it merits somehow editing show differently,” a source told E!
The source added that the accident did not happen during the filming of the show.
The producers are said to be still gathering information about Hill’s accident to figure out how best to proceed.
The tenth season of “The Bachelorette” stars Dorfman, a fan favourite in the recently concluded 18th season of “The Bachelor.” She was one of the contestants hoping to receive a rose from Juan Pablo Galavis, but she left voluntarily after confronting Galavis.
“The Bachelorette” will premiere May 19 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone