‘The Bachelorette” Andi Dorfman’ Suitor Critically Injured In Paragliding Accident
By Anne Lu | April 23, 2014 6:14 PM EST
The new “The Bachelorette” Andi Dorfman’s suitor is in a medically induced coma after a paragliding accident. Eric Hill, who will be introduced as one of the contestants in the upcoming season of the U.S. reality show, was critically injured in Utah.
Unified Fire Authority Batallion Chief Brian Anderton told KUTV that the 32-year-old paraglider suffered critical injuries after his parachute collapse Sunday afternoon.
“He experienced a partial parachute collapse, which swung him into the mountainside with some velocity,” Anderton told KUTV. “It doesn’t seem like he fell an extremely long distance, but the velocity that he went into the hillside was enough to cause some trauma.”
The victim was found unconscious but breathing 100 to 150 feet up to mountain. He was transported to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition with possible head trauma.
According to E! News, the victim is none other than Hill, who is a contestant on upcoming tenth season of “The Bachelorette.”
ABC network hasn’t announced the names of those participating in the show yet, but the showbiz site has confirmed that Hill is indeed one of the contestants.
And although the show’s production is still on-going, he was already eliminated from the show at the time of his accident.
“This is really the first time something terrible has happened between the time of filming and airing the season so the network will have to figure out how to handle, and if it merits somehow editing show differently,” a source told E!
The source added that the accident did not happen during the filming of the show.
The producers are said to be still gathering information about Hill’s accident to figure out how best to proceed.
The tenth season of “The Bachelorette” stars Dorfman, a fan favourite in the recently concluded 18th season of “The Bachelor.” She was one of the contestants hoping to receive a rose from Juan Pablo Galavis, but she left voluntarily after confronting Galavis.
“The Bachelorette” will premiere May 19 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date