‘The Bachelorette” Andi Dorfman’ Suitor Critically Injured In Paragliding Accident
By Anne Lu | April 23, 2014 6:14 PM EST
The new “The Bachelorette” Andi Dorfman’s suitor is in a medically induced coma after a paragliding accident. Eric Hill, who will be introduced as one of the contestants in the upcoming season of the U.S. reality show, was critically injured in Utah.
Unified Fire Authority Batallion Chief Brian Anderton told KUTV that the 32-year-old paraglider suffered critical injuries after his parachute collapse Sunday afternoon.
“He experienced a partial parachute collapse, which swung him into the mountainside with some velocity,” Anderton told KUTV. “It doesn’t seem like he fell an extremely long distance, but the velocity that he went into the hillside was enough to cause some trauma.”
The victim was found unconscious but breathing 100 to 150 feet up to mountain. He was transported to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition with possible head trauma.
According to E! News, the victim is none other than Hill, who is a contestant on upcoming tenth season of “The Bachelorette.”
ABC network hasn’t announced the names of those participating in the show yet, but the showbiz site has confirmed that Hill is indeed one of the contestants.
And although the show’s production is still on-going, he was already eliminated from the show at the time of his accident.
“This is really the first time something terrible has happened between the time of filming and airing the season so the network will have to figure out how to handle, and if it merits somehow editing show differently,” a source told E!
The source added that the accident did not happen during the filming of the show.
The producers are said to be still gathering information about Hill’s accident to figure out how best to proceed.
The tenth season of “The Bachelorette” stars Dorfman, a fan favourite in the recently concluded 18th season of “The Bachelor.” She was one of the contestants hoping to receive a rose from Juan Pablo Galavis, but she left voluntarily after confronting Galavis.
“The Bachelorette” will premiere May 19 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report