‘The Bachelorette” Andi Dorfman’ Suitor Critically Injured In Paragliding Accident
By Anne Lu | April 23, 2014 6:14 PM EST
The new “The Bachelorette” Andi Dorfman’s suitor is in a medically induced coma after a paragliding accident. Eric Hill, who will be introduced as one of the contestants in the upcoming season of the U.S. reality show, was critically injured in Utah.
Unified Fire Authority Batallion Chief Brian Anderton told KUTV that the 32-year-old paraglider suffered critical injuries after his parachute collapse Sunday afternoon.
“He experienced a partial parachute collapse, which swung him into the mountainside with some velocity,” Anderton told KUTV. “It doesn’t seem like he fell an extremely long distance, but the velocity that he went into the hillside was enough to cause some trauma.”
The victim was found unconscious but breathing 100 to 150 feet up to mountain. He was transported to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition with possible head trauma.
According to E! News, the victim is none other than Hill, who is a contestant on upcoming tenth season of “The Bachelorette.”
ABC network hasn’t announced the names of those participating in the show yet, but the showbiz site has confirmed that Hill is indeed one of the contestants.
And although the show’s production is still on-going, he was already eliminated from the show at the time of his accident.
“This is really the first time something terrible has happened between the time of filming and airing the season so the network will have to figure out how to handle, and if it merits somehow editing show differently,” a source told E!
The source added that the accident did not happen during the filming of the show.
The producers are said to be still gathering information about Hill’s accident to figure out how best to proceed.
The tenth season of “The Bachelorette” stars Dorfman, a fan favourite in the recently concluded 18th season of “The Bachelor.” She was one of the contestants hoping to receive a rose from Juan Pablo Galavis, but she left voluntarily after confronting Galavis.
“The Bachelorette” will premiere May 19 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation