2014 Coachella Music Festival: Five Worst Things on Weekend Two
By Riza Ornos | April 23, 2014 5:47 PM EST
The 2014 Coachella Music and Arts festival is America's biggest festival and it seems that everyone was there to join the big party in the dessert. The second and the final weekend of the festival goes out with style and with a big bang, more explosive than its first weekend.
But with best moments comes the worst things that happened during the second week of the celebration. With fans going all out and the drinking going out of hand, the festival seemed like a big mess.
Here are the five worst things that happened on weekend two.
1. After overdosing on weekend one, a 24-year-old attendee from Oakland died on Thursday. The Coachella festival is the perfect venue for drug smuggling, drunk drinking and other out-of-control behaviour and these kinds of behaviour should be addressed. With musicians encouraging their fans to do drink more and do other stuff the Coachella organizers should be vigilant to main peace and order to the event.
2. Poking joke on the world's holy man is not funny. Beck who wore a massive Pope Francis head was baptized by Win Butler as "Saint Beck" during their performance on the event's weekend two. Many of the fans think that the "christening" joke is not hilarious.
3. While the rest of the party goers are busy enjoying the sun and music, many of the teens who are working during the event are also busy picking up the trash for those who doesn't know where to put them. Andrea Domanick, one of the event goers, talked to a few of them and said that they get paid by the bag and poorly paid while sweating it out during the event.
4. For big acts like Pharrell and Empire of the Sun, the Coachella organizers have to a lot an ample space for fans to avoid overcrowding. The Sahara tent and Outdoor Theatre are full packed during the event that one have to be there at least 30 minutes before the gig to secure a descent space.
5. Since it's the last weekend of the festival, the overwhelming crowd of people lining up for taxi is unbelievable. Tired, drunk and dirty people waited for nearly an hour just to get cab and carpools set up by the staff are not enough to accommodate all the guests.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles