Rani-Aditya Wedding: Actresses’ Father’s Ill Health Reason Behind Sudden Marriage?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 23, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Actress Rani Mukerji and beau Aditya Chopra surprised all by secretly getting married in Italy on Monday.
The wedding was a private do with only selected friends and family, but the hush-hush affair made most wonder why this sudden jump.
Rani Mukerji Marries Aditya Chopra in Intimate Italy Ceremony
And now it has been revealed that the actress' ailing father Ram Mukerji's wish to see his daughter married resulted in the hasty wedding, reported The Times of India.
Rani's father is said to be on pacemaker and was admitted to hospital in serious condition about three weeks ago. It was then Ram had sought an eager desire to see his daughter married off to the Chopra scion. Aditya had reportedly promised Ram on the same.
And finally on Friday, filmmaker Karan Johar joined the selected family members of Chopra and Mukerji family in the European country for the family event. The wedding ceremony was performed as per Bengali rituals as a priest was flown in for the purpose.
"We knew that the marriage was taking place this weekend. Pam cancelled the usual Saturday film screening that she holds at Yash Raj Films (YRF) for the khandaan. No friends or relatives other than the immediate family were alerted about the wedding," a source told the daily.
However, another report by Mumbai Mirror claims that the wedding had been well decided and was not spur of the moment.
The tabloid quoted the YRF house's watchman saying that Aditya's mother Pamela Chopra had left for Italy on 10 April itself with heavy bag and baggage.
Even the actress's house at Juhu's Theosophical Society has been under renovation for sometime possibly for the newlyweds. Rani was reportedly living in with Aditya at his Vikas Park home during this time.
The wedding was such a secretive affair that even Rani's uncle, Rono Mukerji appeared clueless on his niece's formal union. The actress's famous cousin Ayan Mukerji and family too were left out of the private ceremony.
Meanwhile, the daily reported that Uday Chopra wanted his ladylove Nargis Fakhri to be a part of the celebration, but the actress failed to turn up owing to the shoot of her international film in Budapest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install