Rani-Aditya Wedding: Actresses’ Father’s Ill Health Reason Behind Sudden Marriage?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 23, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Actress Rani Mukerji and beau Aditya Chopra surprised all by secretly getting married in Italy on Monday.
The wedding was a private do with only selected friends and family, but the hush-hush affair made most wonder why this sudden jump.
Rani Mukerji Marries Aditya Chopra in Intimate Italy Ceremony
And now it has been revealed that the actress' ailing father Ram Mukerji's wish to see his daughter married resulted in the hasty wedding, reported The Times of India.
Rani's father is said to be on pacemaker and was admitted to hospital in serious condition about three weeks ago. It was then Ram had sought an eager desire to see his daughter married off to the Chopra scion. Aditya had reportedly promised Ram on the same.
And finally on Friday, filmmaker Karan Johar joined the selected family members of Chopra and Mukerji family in the European country for the family event. The wedding ceremony was performed as per Bengali rituals as a priest was flown in for the purpose.
"We knew that the marriage was taking place this weekend. Pam cancelled the usual Saturday film screening that she holds at Yash Raj Films (YRF) for the khandaan. No friends or relatives other than the immediate family were alerted about the wedding," a source told the daily.
However, another report by Mumbai Mirror claims that the wedding had been well decided and was not spur of the moment.
The tabloid quoted the YRF house's watchman saying that Aditya's mother Pamela Chopra had left for Italy on 10 April itself with heavy bag and baggage.
Even the actress's house at Juhu's Theosophical Society has been under renovation for sometime possibly for the newlyweds. Rani was reportedly living in with Aditya at his Vikas Park home during this time.
The wedding was such a secretive affair that even Rani's uncle, Rono Mukerji appeared clueless on his niece's formal union. The actress's famous cousin Ayan Mukerji and family too were left out of the private ceremony.
Meanwhile, the daily reported that Uday Chopra wanted his ladylove Nargis Fakhri to be a part of the celebration, but the actress failed to turn up owing to the shoot of her international film in Budapest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown