'Aerosmith' sings 'Dream On' in Commemoration of Last Year's Boston Bombings: A Powerful Message
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 23, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry paid homage to the survivors and victims of the Boston Marathon Bombings with a chilling performance of "Dream On." The duo performed along the talented children of Southern California Chorus to bring a heart-felt message to everyone.
Joe Perry and Steven Tyler of the band Aerosmith answer questions during an announcement of their Global Warming Tour
ESPN aired the performance Tuesday night, for its TV special E: 60 Presents Dream On: Stories from Boston's Strongest. The performance was showed exactly one year after the Boston Bombings which happened April 15. The tragedy left in its wake 3 dead and 264 more injured people.
Tyler and Steve were accompanied by the Southern California Chorus in performing the tribute for last year's sad event. In the performance shown in the YouTube video, they all recorded it together in a white, church-like stage.
The duo's performance, added with snippets of different people, pictures, relatives, survivors, and runners involved in the incident give a deep emotional feel to the video. Backed up by the angelic voices of the children's chorus, the overall performance makes a tear-jerking experience for viewers.
CREDIT: TheAerosmithVault/ YouTube
Joe Perry, guitarist of Aerosmith says, "The lyrics, it's one of those rare songs that you can apply to a lot of different things, you can interpret it how you want, which is really the magic of music," added Perry. "You can take it, and you can apply it to something very personal and small or something - a big event, an event like what happened in Boston.", in a news report by Craig Rosen of Yahoo! Music news.
Steven Tyler in a statement about the performance said, "It's almost like [the song] was written for this unfortunate event," says Tyler, after referring to its lyrics: "Sing with me, sing for the year, sing for the laughter, sing for the tear.", reported Sheila Cosgrove Baylis from people.com.
Viewers and sympathizers around the world respond to the video as very powerful. It's nevertheless, a "Boston Strong" performance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More