'Aerosmith' sings 'Dream On' in Commemoration of Last Year's Boston Bombings: A Powerful Message
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 23, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry paid homage to the survivors and victims of the Boston Marathon Bombings with a chilling performance of "Dream On." The duo performed along the talented children of Southern California Chorus to bring a heart-felt message to everyone.
Joe Perry and Steven Tyler of the band Aerosmith answer questions during an announcement of their Global Warming Tour
ESPN aired the performance Tuesday night, for its TV special E: 60 Presents Dream On: Stories from Boston's Strongest. The performance was showed exactly one year after the Boston Bombings which happened April 15. The tragedy left in its wake 3 dead and 264 more injured people.
Tyler and Steve were accompanied by the Southern California Chorus in performing the tribute for last year's sad event. In the performance shown in the YouTube video, they all recorded it together in a white, church-like stage.
The duo's performance, added with snippets of different people, pictures, relatives, survivors, and runners involved in the incident give a deep emotional feel to the video. Backed up by the angelic voices of the children's chorus, the overall performance makes a tear-jerking experience for viewers.
CREDIT: TheAerosmithVault/ YouTube
Joe Perry, guitarist of Aerosmith says, "The lyrics, it's one of those rare songs that you can apply to a lot of different things, you can interpret it how you want, which is really the magic of music," added Perry. "You can take it, and you can apply it to something very personal and small or something - a big event, an event like what happened in Boston.", in a news report by Craig Rosen of Yahoo! Music news.
Steven Tyler in a statement about the performance said, "It's almost like [the song] was written for this unfortunate event," says Tyler, after referring to its lyrics: "Sing with me, sing for the year, sing for the laughter, sing for the tear.", reported Sheila Cosgrove Baylis from people.com.
Viewers and sympathizers around the world respond to the video as very powerful. It's nevertheless, a "Boston Strong" performance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories