'Aerosmith' sings 'Dream On' in Commemoration of Last Year's Boston Bombings: A Powerful Message
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 23, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry paid homage to the survivors and victims of the Boston Marathon Bombings with a chilling performance of "Dream On." The duo performed along the talented children of Southern California Chorus to bring a heart-felt message to everyone.
Joe Perry and Steven Tyler of the band Aerosmith answer questions during an announcement of their Global Warming Tour
ESPN aired the performance Tuesday night, for its TV special E: 60 Presents Dream On: Stories from Boston's Strongest. The performance was showed exactly one year after the Boston Bombings which happened April 15. The tragedy left in its wake 3 dead and 264 more injured people.
Tyler and Steve were accompanied by the Southern California Chorus in performing the tribute for last year's sad event. In the performance shown in the YouTube video, they all recorded it together in a white, church-like stage.
The duo's performance, added with snippets of different people, pictures, relatives, survivors, and runners involved in the incident give a deep emotional feel to the video. Backed up by the angelic voices of the children's chorus, the overall performance makes a tear-jerking experience for viewers.
CREDIT: TheAerosmithVault/ YouTube
Joe Perry, guitarist of Aerosmith says, "The lyrics, it's one of those rare songs that you can apply to a lot of different things, you can interpret it how you want, which is really the magic of music," added Perry. "You can take it, and you can apply it to something very personal and small or something - a big event, an event like what happened in Boston.", in a news report by Craig Rosen of Yahoo! Music news.
Steven Tyler in a statement about the performance said, "It's almost like [the song] was written for this unfortunate event," says Tyler, after referring to its lyrics: "Sing with me, sing for the year, sing for the laughter, sing for the tear.", reported Sheila Cosgrove Baylis from people.com.
Viewers and sympathizers around the world respond to the video as very powerful. It's nevertheless, a "Boston Strong" performance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch