Triumph Motorcycle Opens India’s Third Dealership in Kochi
By greeshma m | April 23, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Britain's largest motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles has inaugurated its dealership in Kochi, Kerala.
Called Syamadynamic Motorcycles, Kochi's dealership is the third dealership of Triumph in India. The design of the showroom is based upon the global signature Triumph Motorcycles layout with consultation lounge, sales and after sales desks all being close to the display area. It also has Triumph merchandise facilities including riding gear, accessories and memorabilia.
Triumph Motorcycles official
Triumph Motorcycles opens dealership in Kochi
"The opening of this dealership advances our commitment to not only better establish the Triumph marquee in the local market, but more importantly, to extend a comprehensive suite of after sales services and support to our esteemed customers. Kochi with its vibrant culture and winding roads adjacent to the gorgeous sea makes for a perfect riding destination. With our state of the art dealership, our aim is to give the brand lovers not just a product but an overall experience that they deserve from a globally renowned brand like Triumph," said Vimal Sumbly, Managing Director, Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt. Ltd. as quoted by TOI.
Triumph which opened its Indian chapter with the introduction of 10 models priced between ₹5.7 lakh and ₹20 lakh (ex-showroom) is also said to have clocked 326 bookings. The model range for India includes Bonneville and Bonneville T100, Speed Triple and Street Triple, Daytona 675R supersports bike, Thruxton café racer, Tiger 800XC and Tiger Explorer adventure bikes, Thunderbird Storm and the 2,300cc Rocket III Roadster.
The company also aims to open nine dealerships across the country by the end of this year and hopes to sell over 1,500 bikes by the end of 2015.
At Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Triumph launched Daytona 675 in India with a price tag of ₹10.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The Daytona 675 comes with a 3-cylinder liquid-cooled, 12-valve, DOHC, in-line 675cc engine, which is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine pumps a power of 128PS at 12500rpm and a peak torque of 74Nm at 9750rpm.
Image credit: Triumph Motorcycles official
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales