‘Man of Steel’ Actor Henry Cavill Getting Engaged to Gina Carano?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 23, 2014 4:36 PM EST
“Man of Steel” star Henry Cavill has been vocal about his desire to start a family, and it wouldn’t be surprising if the actor suddenly decides to pop the question to on-again, off-again girlfriend Gina Carano, with whom he has been spending a lot of time recently.
Wikimedia Commons/Eva Rinaldi
The duo was spotted together over the weekend at the Vertigo Sky Lounge, atop the 26th floor of the Dana Hotel & Spa, and multiple reports stated that Cavill is getting serious with the former mixed martial arts champion.
Earlier this year, the duo added a new member to their family -- an Akita puppy from Big Bear Akitas, a breeder in Arkansas – and fans feel this is an indication that the actor is ready to settle down.
They are also happy with his choice of partner and social networking sites are abuzz with messages appreciating his choice.
“Henry Cavill is dating Gina Carano, a female mixed martial artist. Real men like strong girls! I love this,” wrote one fan on Twitter, while another added that he has good taste in women.
Cavill and Carano started dating in September 2012 but called it quits a while later. The actor then went on to date “Big Bang Theory” actress Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, but the relationship lasted merely 10 days.
Recalling her time with Cavill, Cuoco recently said in an interview that dating him put her under paparazzi’s scanner.
“I had no one following me until I met Superman," she told Cosmopolitan for the magazine's May 2014. "I’ve been in this business for 20 years, and my whole life, I could go anywhere, do anything. There had not been one paparazzi photo of me until like several months ago. The recognition was crazy.”
Cavill reunited with Carano shortly after this and since then they have been going strong.
In the meantime, Cavill is gearing up to film the sequel to “Man of Steel” tentatively titled “Batman Vs Superman” in fall and the camera tests were completed a couple of weeks ago in Detroit.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]