HTC One M8: Mini Version Heading to Verizon, Availability of Android Smartphone Set in May 2014?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 23, 2014 4:32 PM EST
The alleged HTC One M8 Mini will be heading over to US carrier Verizon where the HTC device could be exclusively offered in their stores just like the HTC One M8. Notable mobile device source @evleaks made the announcement on the arrival of the HTC One M8 Mini at Verizon through social networking site Twitter.
The leaked detail about the HTC One M8 Mini going to Verizon was posted on Monday, April 21. While Verizon offers the HTC One M8, other carriers like Sprint and AT&T only offered the Android smartphone online for two weeks after the March 2014 launch of the device.
HTC One M8 mini going to Verizon.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 22, 2014
According to the GSMArena report, the Swedish carrier Telia also has plans of offering the Taiwanese smartphone after the carrier accidentally leaked a listing on their Web site. The other reports on the HTC One M8 Mini claim that the smaller version of the HTC flagship smartphone could be put up for sale in May 2014.
"Recent reports peg the release date for the possible mini to be as soon as May. And, if last year's models are an indicator, a larger HTC One M8 Max could also loom on the horizon," the CNET report reads.
The expected features and specs of the alleged HTC One M8 Mini smartphone include the 4.5-inch 720p screen display, a quad-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with HTC Sense 6.0 UI and 16GB internal storage capacity. The HTC One M8 Mini will be equipped as well with the 13MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, a 5MP front-facing camera in addition to the on-screen buttons and connectivity support for Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 4.0.
Meanwhile, the HTC One M8 has a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB of RAM and internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the microSD card slot up to 128GB. Additional features and specs include the dual 4MP primary camera, the 5MP secondary camera, a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0 and the colour choices of Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers