HTC One M8: Mini Version Heading to Verizon, Availability of Android Smartphone Set in May 2014?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 23, 2014 4:32 PM EST
The alleged HTC One M8 Mini will be heading over to US carrier Verizon where the HTC device could be exclusively offered in their stores just like the HTC One M8. Notable mobile device source @evleaks made the announcement on the arrival of the HTC One M8 Mini at Verizon through social networking site Twitter.
The leaked detail about the HTC One M8 Mini going to Verizon was posted on Monday, April 21. While Verizon offers the HTC One M8, other carriers like Sprint and AT&T only offered the Android smartphone online for two weeks after the March 2014 launch of the device.
HTC One M8 mini going to Verizon.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 22, 2014
According to the GSMArena report, the Swedish carrier Telia also has plans of offering the Taiwanese smartphone after the carrier accidentally leaked a listing on their Web site. The other reports on the HTC One M8 Mini claim that the smaller version of the HTC flagship smartphone could be put up for sale in May 2014.
"Recent reports peg the release date for the possible mini to be as soon as May. And, if last year's models are an indicator, a larger HTC One M8 Max could also loom on the horizon," the CNET report reads.
The expected features and specs of the alleged HTC One M8 Mini smartphone include the 4.5-inch 720p screen display, a quad-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with HTC Sense 6.0 UI and 16GB internal storage capacity. The HTC One M8 Mini will be equipped as well with the 13MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, a 5MP front-facing camera in addition to the on-screen buttons and connectivity support for Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 4.0.
Meanwhile, the HTC One M8 has a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB of RAM and internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the microSD card slot up to 128GB. Additional features and specs include the dual 4MP primary camera, the 5MP secondary camera, a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0 and the colour choices of Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast