HTC One M8: Mini Version Heading to Verizon, Availability of Android Smartphone Set in May 2014?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 23, 2014 4:32 PM EST
The alleged HTC One M8 Mini will be heading over to US carrier Verizon where the HTC device could be exclusively offered in their stores just like the HTC One M8. Notable mobile device source @evleaks made the announcement on the arrival of the HTC One M8 Mini at Verizon through social networking site Twitter.
The leaked detail about the HTC One M8 Mini going to Verizon was posted on Monday, April 21. While Verizon offers the HTC One M8, other carriers like Sprint and AT&T only offered the Android smartphone online for two weeks after the March 2014 launch of the device.
HTC One M8 mini going to Verizon.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 22, 2014
According to the GSMArena report, the Swedish carrier Telia also has plans of offering the Taiwanese smartphone after the carrier accidentally leaked a listing on their Web site. The other reports on the HTC One M8 Mini claim that the smaller version of the HTC flagship smartphone could be put up for sale in May 2014.
"Recent reports peg the release date for the possible mini to be as soon as May. And, if last year's models are an indicator, a larger HTC One M8 Max could also loom on the horizon," the CNET report reads.
The expected features and specs of the alleged HTC One M8 Mini smartphone include the 4.5-inch 720p screen display, a quad-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with HTC Sense 6.0 UI and 16GB internal storage capacity. The HTC One M8 Mini will be equipped as well with the 13MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, a 5MP front-facing camera in addition to the on-screen buttons and connectivity support for Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 4.0.
Meanwhile, the HTC One M8 has a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB of RAM and internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the microSD card slot up to 128GB. Additional features and specs include the dual 4MP primary camera, the 5MP secondary camera, a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0 and the colour choices of Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate