HTC One M8: Mini Version Heading to Verizon, Availability of Android Smartphone Set in May 2014?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 23, 2014 4:32 PM EST
The alleged HTC One M8 Mini will be heading over to US carrier Verizon where the HTC device could be exclusively offered in their stores just like the HTC One M8. Notable mobile device source @evleaks made the announcement on the arrival of the HTC One M8 Mini at Verizon through social networking site Twitter.
The leaked detail about the HTC One M8 Mini going to Verizon was posted on Monday, April 21. While Verizon offers the HTC One M8, other carriers like Sprint and AT&T only offered the Android smartphone online for two weeks after the March 2014 launch of the device.
HTC One M8 mini going to Verizon.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 22, 2014
According to the GSMArena report, the Swedish carrier Telia also has plans of offering the Taiwanese smartphone after the carrier accidentally leaked a listing on their Web site. The other reports on the HTC One M8 Mini claim that the smaller version of the HTC flagship smartphone could be put up for sale in May 2014.
"Recent reports peg the release date for the possible mini to be as soon as May. And, if last year's models are an indicator, a larger HTC One M8 Max could also loom on the horizon," the CNET report reads.
The expected features and specs of the alleged HTC One M8 Mini smartphone include the 4.5-inch 720p screen display, a quad-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with HTC Sense 6.0 UI and 16GB internal storage capacity. The HTC One M8 Mini will be equipped as well with the 13MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, a 5MP front-facing camera in addition to the on-screen buttons and connectivity support for Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 4.0.
Meanwhile, the HTC One M8 has a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB of RAM and internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the microSD card slot up to 128GB. Additional features and specs include the dual 4MP primary camera, the 5MP secondary camera, a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0 and the colour choices of Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Windows 9 Release: Reasons of Free Download for Windows 8 and Windows 7 Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales