Matt Bomer Admits He’s Married, Talks About Role on 'The Normal Heart'
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 4:23 PM EST
Will anyone deny to drooling every time Matt Bomer flashes his enigmatic smile or shows his good reflexes to solving crimes for his role as Neal Caffrey on "White Collar?"
The actor might have publicly admitted he's gay in 2012. But apparently his natural charm to girls never wavers as he continues to appear on various magazine covers. But will things finally change now that the 36-year-old actor has revealed that he's been married for 3 years?
Bomer confirmed on the May issue of Details magazine that he is indeed married to Hollywood Publicist Simon Halls a year before he came out as gay. According to the publication, Bomer got married to Halls in 2011. They have been long-time partner and the couple has three sons: Henry, Kit and Walker.
According to an E! Online report, the White Collar actor came out as gay in February 2012 as he accepts an award at the Desert AIDS Project's Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards in Palm Springs. Although he mentioned Halls and his children, he never said he was married to the publicist.
"I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family . . ." Bomer said. "Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment. God bless you."
Apart from Bomer's revelation regarding his relationship, the actor also shared details about his acting experience in the adaptation of Larry Kramer's autobiographical play, "The Normal Heart."
"You're really lucky as an artist if you get a role that changes you as a person," Bomer said in the June-July issue of Out magazine, which will be available on newsstands on May 15. The actor was apparently almost in tears as he talked to the publication.
"It taught me how to access myself on a completely different level as an artist. And it blew my mind in terms of the level of unconditional love between Ned and Felix - my goodness, if these people could incorporate this into their lives, under their circumstances, why can't I?" Bomer added.
The Normal Heart is reportedly about a gay activist (Bomer), raising HIV and AIDS awareness in 1980. The TV movie is directed by Ryan Murphy for HBO, starring Matt Bomer (Felix Turner) and Mark Ruffalo (Ned Weeks) with Jonathan Groff (Craig Donner), Taylor Kitsch (Bruce Niles) and Julia Roberts (Emma Brookner), according to the TV movie's IMDb page.
The Normal Heart premieres on HBO on May 25.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes