Matt Bomer Admits He’s Married, Talks About Role on 'The Normal Heart'
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 4:23 PM EST
Will anyone deny to drooling every time Matt Bomer flashes his enigmatic smile or shows his good reflexes to solving crimes for his role as Neal Caffrey on "White Collar?"
The actor might have publicly admitted he's gay in 2012. But apparently his natural charm to girls never wavers as he continues to appear on various magazine covers. But will things finally change now that the 36-year-old actor has revealed that he's been married for 3 years?
Bomer confirmed on the May issue of Details magazine that he is indeed married to Hollywood Publicist Simon Halls a year before he came out as gay. According to the publication, Bomer got married to Halls in 2011. They have been long-time partner and the couple has three sons: Henry, Kit and Walker.
According to an E! Online report, the White Collar actor came out as gay in February 2012 as he accepts an award at the Desert AIDS Project's Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards in Palm Springs. Although he mentioned Halls and his children, he never said he was married to the publicist.
"I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family . . ." Bomer said. "Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment. God bless you."
Apart from Bomer's revelation regarding his relationship, the actor also shared details about his acting experience in the adaptation of Larry Kramer's autobiographical play, "The Normal Heart."
"You're really lucky as an artist if you get a role that changes you as a person," Bomer said in the June-July issue of Out magazine, which will be available on newsstands on May 15. The actor was apparently almost in tears as he talked to the publication.
"It taught me how to access myself on a completely different level as an artist. And it blew my mind in terms of the level of unconditional love between Ned and Felix - my goodness, if these people could incorporate this into their lives, under their circumstances, why can't I?" Bomer added.
The Normal Heart is reportedly about a gay activist (Bomer), raising HIV and AIDS awareness in 1980. The TV movie is directed by Ryan Murphy for HBO, starring Matt Bomer (Felix Turner) and Mark Ruffalo (Ned Weeks) with Jonathan Groff (Craig Donner), Taylor Kitsch (Bruce Niles) and Julia Roberts (Emma Brookner), according to the TV movie's IMDb page.
The Normal Heart premieres on HBO on May 25.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions