Devastated Motorcyclist Sues Michael Schumacher Over an Accident that Happened Two Weeks Before Skiing Crash
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 23, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Racing champion Michael Schumacher, who remains in a medically-induced coma," is being sued by a devastated motorcyclist over a motorcycle accident injury two weeks before his skiing crash.
According to Independent Online, Schumacher got into a road mishap in Spain on Nov. 17. The 45-year-old retired Formula One (F1) racer went to the Spanish nation for a private trip, and he was reportedly driving a rented Audi A4 when he hit a motorcyclist in the town of Bormujos. The motorcyclist immediately fell to the ground resulting into a broken wrist.
A message (L) of support for former Formula One champion Michael Schumacher of Germany is seen on the car of Mercedes Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain during the second practice session of the Australian F1 Grand Prix at the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne March 14, 2014. Schumacher suffered severe head injuries when he slammed into a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps resort of Meribel in December. REUTERS/David Gray
The local police of Bormujos stated in the accident report that the said driver of the Audi A4 violated driving laws in Spain. In addition, poor lighting along the road where the accident took place are currently being investigated.
The motorcyclist who was identified as Francisco M.A. was called for to file a formal complaint which involves his prerogative to receive compensation for the cost of the injury as well as the harm done to his clothing, motorcycle, helmet, and even his watch.
However, it is believed that a trial is not likely to take place not because of the current condition that Schumacher is in right now, but because an insurance firm has taken over the legal responsibility, Marca.com reported. Furthermore, it is anticipated that the claimant and the insurance firm will reach a decision and finally settle a solution to the problem. The insurance firm will reportedly pay for the damages, the Web site wrote.
Despite being in a coma, Schumacher continues to be blasted by different rumours and issues. Recently, there was a debate regarding how Schumacher was initially treated right after his skiing crash. A German newspaper called Stern suggested that he didn't get the proper emergency assistance from the team who attended to him when he suffered the horrific accident.
Schumacher remains in a comatose state. His manager, Sabine Kehm, insists that he is showing signs of awakening and consciousness. It has been nearly four months since Schumacher was put into a coma. His future remains uncertain. Nonetheless, Schumacher's family keeps an optimistic attitude that the F1 legend will soon wake up and fully recover from coma.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff