David Moyes No Longer Needed For Manchester United
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 23, 2014 3:45 PM EST
Manchester United Manager David Moyes finally had to walk out after he got sacked from the squad. The news came up following a meeting with Vice Chairman Ed Woodward.
Manchester United's manager David Moyes looks on during a news conference at Old Trafford in Manchester, northern England in this March 31, 2014 file photo. Moyes, who has only been in charge of Manchester United since July, paid the price for a hugely disappointing season on April 22, 2014 when it was announced that he has left the club.
The 50-year-old Moyes joined Manchester United only 10 months ago, replacing Alex Ferguson, when he retired after long 26 years of his association.
The club further confirmed that Ryan Giggs will take over the charge as an interim manager till a new manager gets recruited.
"Following the departure of David Moyes as manager, Manchester United has announced that Ryan Giggs, the club's most decorated player, will assume responsibility for the first team until a permanent appointment can be made," according to the statement issued in club's Web site.
On Tuesday, the club has made an announcement on the Web site, stating that it "would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role."
Some of the likely successors are Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Kropp; Netherland's manager, Louis van Gaal; Paris St-Germain boss Laurent Blanc and Atletico Madrid's manager, Diego Simeone.
However, the chances of Kropp have already been ruled out.
"Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable." stated Kropp in The Guardian.
Manchester United is currently lying in seventh position in the chart with four matches remaining. At this state, they are surely to secure the lowest position in the Premier League.
Manchester United, under Moyes, lost six matches at home. They were also beaten by Swansea in the FA Cup at Old Trafford and also could not prevent defeat against Sunderland in the semifinals of the Capital One Cup.
For the first time since 1995, the team will miss out Champions League and have greater chances to miss the European competition in total.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity