David Moyes No Longer Needed For Manchester United
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 23, 2014 3:45 PM EST
Manchester United Manager David Moyes finally had to walk out after he got sacked from the squad. The news came up following a meeting with Vice Chairman Ed Woodward.
Manchester United's manager David Moyes looks on during a news conference at Old Trafford in Manchester, northern England in this March 31, 2014 file photo. Moyes, who has only been in charge of Manchester United since July, paid the price for a hugely disappointing season on April 22, 2014 when it was announced that he has left the club.
The 50-year-old Moyes joined Manchester United only 10 months ago, replacing Alex Ferguson, when he retired after long 26 years of his association.
The club further confirmed that Ryan Giggs will take over the charge as an interim manager till a new manager gets recruited.
"Following the departure of David Moyes as manager, Manchester United has announced that Ryan Giggs, the club's most decorated player, will assume responsibility for the first team until a permanent appointment can be made," according to the statement issued in club's Web site.
On Tuesday, the club has made an announcement on the Web site, stating that it "would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role."
Some of the likely successors are Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Kropp; Netherland's manager, Louis van Gaal; Paris St-Germain boss Laurent Blanc and Atletico Madrid's manager, Diego Simeone.
However, the chances of Kropp have already been ruled out.
"Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable." stated Kropp in The Guardian.
Manchester United is currently lying in seventh position in the chart with four matches remaining. At this state, they are surely to secure the lowest position in the Premier League.
Manchester United, under Moyes, lost six matches at home. They were also beaten by Swansea in the FA Cup at Old Trafford and also could not prevent defeat against Sunderland in the semifinals of the Capital One Cup.
For the first time since 1995, the team will miss out Champions League and have greater chances to miss the European competition in total.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft