MH370 Landed Safely Somewhere As No Debris Found Yet: Boeing 777 Did Not Crash?
By Sonalee singh | April 23, 2014 3:43 PM EST
MH370 may have not crashed - a new theory suggests. Search for MH370 has been in full blow since it went missing on March 8. Previously the remains of the plane were being searched in the depths of the waters in Southern Indian Ocean, however, now the search is headed to a new direction as it is being suggested that the plane may have landed.
On April 22, a submersible submarine called Bluefin 21 had entered the Indian Ocean. It searched for MH370 with the help of black box signals, which were detected 45 days ago. It was being predicted that with the help of black box signals, the disappeared flight could be found 1,000 miles northwest of Australia. However, no pings have been heard for more than a week now and search teams have given up on the search based on black box signals.
"Bluefin-21 has now completed more than 80 percent of the focused underwater search area and further missions are planned," New York Times reported, adding, "It is important this lead is pursued to its completion so we can either confirm or discount the focused underwater area as the final resting place of MH370."
It has been further suggested that the search will continue but in a different direction.
"We may have to regroup soon to look into this possibility if no positive results come back in the next few days," Mail Online quoted New Straits Times, adding, "The thought of it landing somewhere else is not impossible, as we have not found a single debris that could be linked to MH370. However, the possibility of a specific country hiding the plane when more than 20 nations are searching for it, seems absurd."
It has been more than a month that Malaysia airline had gone missing and families of the passengers are still waiting to know as to what happened to the plane. There are possibilities that legal action could be taken against the manufacturers of Boeing 777 as per US courtroom laws.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales