Paul Walker’s Brothers Caleb and Cody Have Mixed Feelings About Filling In For ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Role
By Anne Lu | April 23, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s brothers have mixed feelings about filling in for their late brother. Caleb and Cody, who joined the cast of “Fast & Furious 7” to help finish Paul’s scenes, want to honour their older brother, but won’t be joining showbiz after the film.
However, before agreeing to share Paul’s character Brian O’Conner,36-year-old Caleb and 25-year-old Cody weren’t so sure that they should do it.
“They have mixed feelings,” their sister said. “It’s emotional. And it’s been hard to step into Paul’s shoes and make a huge career move. They’ve been working with coaches on their scripts. They want to honour him and do the very best they can.”
Paul, 40, died on Nov 30, 2013 in a single car-accident. He had already filmed majority of his scenes for the latest instalment of the multi-billion film franchise, but still had a few more yet to shoot.
The production went on a hiatus afterwards as respect to their fallen cast member. Last week, the producers announced that Paul’s brothers have signed on with the film to finish his work.
The gig is just temporary, though, and won’t entire the siblings to enter Hollywood. Ashlie said that after the production of the film, Caleb, a restaurant owner, and Cody, a paramedic, will get back to their regular jobs.
“They’re not actors. This is just temporary,” Ashlie explained. “They just want to help complete the film because so many people were so invested. Paul was invested. Both have things about them that are so similar to Paul, even the way they walk. It was a natural decision.”
The entire Walker family, including Paul’s 15-year-old daughter Meadow, will be watching the film once it has completed.
“When I heard the news, I left the production, grabbed a plane and took my family and Michelle back to LA... drove directly to his parent’s house,” he wrote.
“His Father said, Paul loved you Vin... I awkwardly and nervously said, aw come one... then he said... you don’t have to get along every second to love each other... so true.
“P.s. After spending time with his biological brothers, I must say to the parents, you raised some great kids.”
“Fast & Furious 7” is slated for April 10, 2015 release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report