Paul Walker’s Brothers Caleb and Cody Have Mixed Feelings About Filling In For ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Role
By Anne Lu | April 23, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s brothers have mixed feelings about filling in for their late brother. Caleb and Cody, who joined the cast of “Fast & Furious 7” to help finish Paul’s scenes, want to honour their older brother, but won’t be joining showbiz after the film.
However, before agreeing to share Paul’s character Brian O’Conner,36-year-old Caleb and 25-year-old Cody weren’t so sure that they should do it.
“They have mixed feelings,” their sister said. “It’s emotional. And it’s been hard to step into Paul’s shoes and make a huge career move. They’ve been working with coaches on their scripts. They want to honour him and do the very best they can.”
Paul, 40, died on Nov 30, 2013 in a single car-accident. He had already filmed majority of his scenes for the latest instalment of the multi-billion film franchise, but still had a few more yet to shoot.
The production went on a hiatus afterwards as respect to their fallen cast member. Last week, the producers announced that Paul’s brothers have signed on with the film to finish his work.
The gig is just temporary, though, and won’t entire the siblings to enter Hollywood. Ashlie said that after the production of the film, Caleb, a restaurant owner, and Cody, a paramedic, will get back to their regular jobs.
“They’re not actors. This is just temporary,” Ashlie explained. “They just want to help complete the film because so many people were so invested. Paul was invested. Both have things about them that are so similar to Paul, even the way they walk. It was a natural decision.”
The entire Walker family, including Paul’s 15-year-old daughter Meadow, will be watching the film once it has completed.
“When I heard the news, I left the production, grabbed a plane and took my family and Michelle back to LA... drove directly to his parent’s house,” he wrote.
“His Father said, Paul loved you Vin... I awkwardly and nervously said, aw come one... then he said... you don’t have to get along every second to love each other... so true.
“P.s. After spending time with his biological brothers, I must say to the parents, you raised some great kids.”
“Fast & Furious 7” is slated for April 10, 2015 release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS