'Man of Steel 2' News: Cast Member Diane Lane Reveals Camera Tests for Batman vs. Superman Film Kicked Off in Detroit
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 23, 2014 3:18 PM EST
"Man of Steel 2" cast member Diane Lane recently revealed in an interview the current production process or status of the upcoming Batman vs. Superman film. The 49-year-old actress, who will reprise the role of Clark Kent/Superman's adoptive mom Martha Kent in the movie sequel, shared to the Hollywood Reporter that camera tests already kicked off in Detroit.
In the THR report, Diane Lane revealed that she just came back from Detroit, the "Man of Steel 2" production location, where the camera tests are being conducted. The actress further added that a couple of shots were filmed where she was "feeling" the Superman costume.
As for the Batman costume, Ms Lane joke that she did not get the chance of feeling the Batsuit yet. However, a recent test photo has been shared on Twitter courtesy of Larry Fong, the movie sequel's director of cinematography.
The test photo teases the "Man of Steel 2" fans with a blurry shot of a man in the far corner dressed in a suit and tie. The Design & Trend report suggests the man's proportions match up to actor Ben Affleck who will portray Bruce Wayne/Batman in the upcoming superhero flick.
— Larry Fong (@larryfong) April 15, 2014
Meanwhile, film director Zack Snyder recently discussed with Forbes about the excitement of bringing British actor Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck together for the first time to the big screen as Superman and Batman.
"Even just Batman and Superman standing next to each other... it's kind of epic. You do sort of sense the weight of the pop culture iconography jumping out of its skin when you're standing there looking at the two of them and Wonder Woman [Gal Gadot]," director Zack Snyder shared in the Enstars report.
Joining Diane Lane, Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot in the "Man of Steel 2" film are Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Jesse Eisenberg as the villain Lex Luthor, Holly Hunter, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White and Jeremy Irons as Bruce Wayne's butler, Alfred Pennyworth.
"Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" film is scheduled to hit movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' News: Composer Hans Zimmer to Score the Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film, Costume Reveal Likely to Happen in April or May - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Actress Holly Hunter to Portray Leslie Thompkins? - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actress Gal Gadot Shares Workout and Diet For Wonder Woman Role in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar