Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson End Romance for Good; Undefeated Fighter Posts Unflattering Picture of Ex-Fiancée on Instagram
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 23, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson have broken up for good.
TMZ was the first to report that Mayweather and Shantel have split up. One of Shantel's representative told the entertainment Web site that their relationship is good as done. The source revealed that Jackson is moving on with her life, and she's reportedly distraught that the media is making a fuzz all over their separation.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto
Mayweather, on the other hand, addressed their breakup on Showtime's All Access as he prepares for his forthcoming bout with Marcos Maidana on May 3. According to Mayweather, as much as he wants to have a "strong, beautiful woman" by his side to share almost his everything with, he felt he needed to go his own way.
"She's focusing on her career in L.A., which is acting," said Mayweather. "I'm focusing on my career, which is boxing," he added. "Sometimes people can outgrow one another, but we're still friends."
Is Mayweather really a cordial and amiable ex-fiancé? Recently, Mayweather posted rather an unflattering picture of Shantel on Instagram. Well, it was either Mayweather or someone who had access on his Instagram who posted the said picture. It was a photo of Shantel without any make up on, her zits were even evident. Mayweather captioned the photo as "My #WCW," or also known as "Woman Crush Wednesday."
The photo has long since been taken down on Mayweather's account, but Shantel screen-grabbed it and shared on her own account. "What woman doesn't have a day like this," Shantel wrote. "This reason why I left, it's been a year now, don't you have a fight coming up," she added.
It appears that Shantel didn't take too kindhearted Mayweather's subtle diss. She didn't seem flattered at all being Mayweather's "WCW." Shantel thought it far more offensive than flattering.
Mayweather and Shantel were together for four years before their split. Mayweather proposed to her in 2013, giving her a diamond ring reportedly worth $10 million, TMZ reported. As for the ring, it wasn't made known if Shantel ever returned it back. Do you think Mayweather and Shantel are better off without each other?
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine