Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson End Romance for Good; Undefeated Fighter Posts Unflattering Picture of Ex-Fiancée on Instagram
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 23, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson have broken up for good.
TMZ was the first to report that Mayweather and Shantel have split up. One of Shantel's representative told the entertainment Web site that their relationship is good as done. The source revealed that Jackson is moving on with her life, and she's reportedly distraught that the media is making a fuzz all over their separation.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto
Mayweather, on the other hand, addressed their breakup on Showtime's All Access as he prepares for his forthcoming bout with Marcos Maidana on May 3. According to Mayweather, as much as he wants to have a "strong, beautiful woman" by his side to share almost his everything with, he felt he needed to go his own way.
"She's focusing on her career in L.A., which is acting," said Mayweather. "I'm focusing on my career, which is boxing," he added. "Sometimes people can outgrow one another, but we're still friends."
Is Mayweather really a cordial and amiable ex-fiancé? Recently, Mayweather posted rather an unflattering picture of Shantel on Instagram. Well, it was either Mayweather or someone who had access on his Instagram who posted the said picture. It was a photo of Shantel without any make up on, her zits were even evident. Mayweather captioned the photo as "My #WCW," or also known as "Woman Crush Wednesday."
The photo has long since been taken down on Mayweather's account, but Shantel screen-grabbed it and shared on her own account. "What woman doesn't have a day like this," Shantel wrote. "This reason why I left, it's been a year now, don't you have a fight coming up," she added.
It appears that Shantel didn't take too kindhearted Mayweather's subtle diss. She didn't seem flattered at all being Mayweather's "WCW." Shantel thought it far more offensive than flattering.
Mayweather and Shantel were together for four years before their split. Mayweather proposed to her in 2013, giving her a diamond ring reportedly worth $10 million, TMZ reported. As for the ring, it wasn't made known if Shantel ever returned it back. Do you think Mayweather and Shantel are better off without each other?
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change