Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson End Romance for Good; Undefeated Fighter Posts Unflattering Picture of Ex-Fiancée on Instagram
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 23, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson have broken up for good.
TMZ was the first to report that Mayweather and Shantel have split up. One of Shantel's representative told the entertainment Web site that their relationship is good as done. The source revealed that Jackson is moving on with her life, and she's reportedly distraught that the media is making a fuzz all over their separation.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto
Mayweather, on the other hand, addressed their breakup on Showtime's All Access as he prepares for his forthcoming bout with Marcos Maidana on May 3. According to Mayweather, as much as he wants to have a "strong, beautiful woman" by his side to share almost his everything with, he felt he needed to go his own way.
"She's focusing on her career in L.A., which is acting," said Mayweather. "I'm focusing on my career, which is boxing," he added. "Sometimes people can outgrow one another, but we're still friends."
Is Mayweather really a cordial and amiable ex-fiancé? Recently, Mayweather posted rather an unflattering picture of Shantel on Instagram. Well, it was either Mayweather or someone who had access on his Instagram who posted the said picture. It was a photo of Shantel without any make up on, her zits were even evident. Mayweather captioned the photo as "My #WCW," or also known as "Woman Crush Wednesday."
The photo has long since been taken down on Mayweather's account, but Shantel screen-grabbed it and shared on her own account. "What woman doesn't have a day like this," Shantel wrote. "This reason why I left, it's been a year now, don't you have a fight coming up," she added.
It appears that Shantel didn't take too kindhearted Mayweather's subtle diss. She didn't seem flattered at all being Mayweather's "WCW." Shantel thought it far more offensive than flattering.
Mayweather and Shantel were together for four years before their split. Mayweather proposed to her in 2013, giving her a diamond ring reportedly worth $10 million, TMZ reported. As for the ring, it wasn't made known if Shantel ever returned it back. Do you think Mayweather and Shantel are better off without each other?
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On