Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson End Romance for Good; Undefeated Fighter Posts Unflattering Picture of Ex-Fiancée on Instagram
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 23, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson have broken up for good.
TMZ was the first to report that Mayweather and Shantel have split up. One of Shantel's representative told the entertainment Web site that their relationship is good as done. The source revealed that Jackson is moving on with her life, and she's reportedly distraught that the media is making a fuzz all over their separation.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto
Mayweather, on the other hand, addressed their breakup on Showtime's All Access as he prepares for his forthcoming bout with Marcos Maidana on May 3. According to Mayweather, as much as he wants to have a "strong, beautiful woman" by his side to share almost his everything with, he felt he needed to go his own way.
"She's focusing on her career in L.A., which is acting," said Mayweather. "I'm focusing on my career, which is boxing," he added. "Sometimes people can outgrow one another, but we're still friends."
Is Mayweather really a cordial and amiable ex-fiancé? Recently, Mayweather posted rather an unflattering picture of Shantel on Instagram. Well, it was either Mayweather or someone who had access on his Instagram who posted the said picture. It was a photo of Shantel without any make up on, her zits were even evident. Mayweather captioned the photo as "My #WCW," or also known as "Woman Crush Wednesday."
The photo has long since been taken down on Mayweather's account, but Shantel screen-grabbed it and shared on her own account. "What woman doesn't have a day like this," Shantel wrote. "This reason why I left, it's been a year now, don't you have a fight coming up," she added.
It appears that Shantel didn't take too kindhearted Mayweather's subtle diss. She didn't seem flattered at all being Mayweather's "WCW." Shantel thought it far more offensive than flattering.
Mayweather and Shantel were together for four years before their split. Mayweather proposed to her in 2013, giving her a diamond ring reportedly worth $10 million, TMZ reported. As for the ring, it wasn't made known if Shantel ever returned it back. Do you think Mayweather and Shantel are better off without each other?
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report