Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson End Romance for Good; Undefeated Fighter Posts Unflattering Picture of Ex-Fiancée on Instagram
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 23, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson have broken up for good.
TMZ was the first to report that Mayweather and Shantel have split up. One of Shantel's representative told the entertainment Web site that their relationship is good as done. The source revealed that Jackson is moving on with her life, and she's reportedly distraught that the media is making a fuzz all over their separation.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto
Mayweather, on the other hand, addressed their breakup on Showtime's All Access as he prepares for his forthcoming bout with Marcos Maidana on May 3. According to Mayweather, as much as he wants to have a "strong, beautiful woman" by his side to share almost his everything with, he felt he needed to go his own way.
"She's focusing on her career in L.A., which is acting," said Mayweather. "I'm focusing on my career, which is boxing," he added. "Sometimes people can outgrow one another, but we're still friends."
Is Mayweather really a cordial and amiable ex-fiancé? Recently, Mayweather posted rather an unflattering picture of Shantel on Instagram. Well, it was either Mayweather or someone who had access on his Instagram who posted the said picture. It was a photo of Shantel without any make up on, her zits were even evident. Mayweather captioned the photo as "My #WCW," or also known as "Woman Crush Wednesday."
The photo has long since been taken down on Mayweather's account, but Shantel screen-grabbed it and shared on her own account. "What woman doesn't have a day like this," Shantel wrote. "This reason why I left, it's been a year now, don't you have a fight coming up," she added.
It appears that Shantel didn't take too kindhearted Mayweather's subtle diss. She didn't seem flattered at all being Mayweather's "WCW." Shantel thought it far more offensive than flattering.
Mayweather and Shantel were together for four years before their split. Mayweather proposed to her in 2013, giving her a diamond ring reportedly worth $10 million, TMZ reported. As for the ring, it wasn't made known if Shantel ever returned it back. Do you think Mayweather and Shantel are better off without each other?
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate