‘Mad Men’ Star Jon Hamm Disses Justin Bieber, Calls Singer a ‘S**thead’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Has Jon Hamm finally changed the meaning of the title of his TV show "Mad Men" to a literal one when he starts dissing Justin Bieber and referring to the singer as a "s**thead?" Because supposedly, Mad Men should not refer to men who are literally mad.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California in this December 18, 2013
Dictionary.com states that the title is a historical term short for "Madison Avenue" men, which is coined by the show's advertising team as part of a promotional strategy. Hamm plays Don Draper in the show since 2007 up to present, and seven years of being on the show has put him in a pedestal with a definite label.
However, Jon Hamm seems to have recently blurred the lines that separate Mad Men from its "supposed" meaning to its "literal" meaning of the title.
In his latest interview with Men's Fitness for its May issue, the 43-year-old actor is said to have revealed a different side of him totally far from his womanizing advertising executive Don Draper character. According to the publication, Hamm "bears none of the arrogance and boorishness" of Draper in person. So dissing Bieber does not count?
"Look at Bieber or whoever," Hamm says in reference to the 20-year-old pop star. "You're like, 'What the f--k, man? What are you doing? Why?' There's no one telling those people no, and it's a shame."
And the Golden Globe winner added that Bieber should have "a mom or a dad or a really good friend who can say, 'Hey, s**thead!'" According to an Us Weekly report, Hamm is clear that he is not a "Belieber."
"You see people in the world and you're like, 'Do you know how a washing machine works? Do you know how to wash a dish?'' the actor continues. "Life skills are something we're missing... just s--t you needed to learn in life. There used to be a class that kids had to take in high school called home economics, which was cooking and sewing and just s--t you needed to learn in life."
In a happy place. Much love to everyone this Easter
This is my time off but my mind is alway running. Learned a lot this past year thru trial & error but that is life. Excited for what's next — Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) April 21, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0