‘Mad Men’ Star Jon Hamm Disses Justin Bieber, Calls Singer a ‘S**thead’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Has Jon Hamm finally changed the meaning of the title of his TV show "Mad Men" to a literal one when he starts dissing Justin Bieber and referring to the singer as a "s**thead?" Because supposedly, Mad Men should not refer to men who are literally mad.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California in this December 18, 2013
Dictionary.com states that the title is a historical term short for "Madison Avenue" men, which is coined by the show's advertising team as part of a promotional strategy. Hamm plays Don Draper in the show since 2007 up to present, and seven years of being on the show has put him in a pedestal with a definite label.
However, Jon Hamm seems to have recently blurred the lines that separate Mad Men from its "supposed" meaning to its "literal" meaning of the title.
In his latest interview with Men's Fitness for its May issue, the 43-year-old actor is said to have revealed a different side of him totally far from his womanizing advertising executive Don Draper character. According to the publication, Hamm "bears none of the arrogance and boorishness" of Draper in person. So dissing Bieber does not count?
"Look at Bieber or whoever," Hamm says in reference to the 20-year-old pop star. "You're like, 'What the f--k, man? What are you doing? Why?' There's no one telling those people no, and it's a shame."
And the Golden Globe winner added that Bieber should have "a mom or a dad or a really good friend who can say, 'Hey, s**thead!'" According to an Us Weekly report, Hamm is clear that he is not a "Belieber."
"You see people in the world and you're like, 'Do you know how a washing machine works? Do you know how to wash a dish?'' the actor continues. "Life skills are something we're missing... just s--t you needed to learn in life. There used to be a class that kids had to take in high school called home economics, which was cooking and sewing and just s--t you needed to learn in life."
In a happy place. Much love to everyone this Easter
This is my time off but my mind is alway running. Learned a lot this past year thru trial & error but that is life. Excited for what's next — Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) April 21, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display