‘Mad Men’ Star Jon Hamm Disses Justin Bieber, Calls Singer a ‘S**thead’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Has Jon Hamm finally changed the meaning of the title of his TV show "Mad Men" to a literal one when he starts dissing Justin Bieber and referring to the singer as a "s**thead?" Because supposedly, Mad Men should not refer to men who are literally mad.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California in this December 18, 2013
Dictionary.com states that the title is a historical term short for "Madison Avenue" men, which is coined by the show's advertising team as part of a promotional strategy. Hamm plays Don Draper in the show since 2007 up to present, and seven years of being on the show has put him in a pedestal with a definite label.
However, Jon Hamm seems to have recently blurred the lines that separate Mad Men from its "supposed" meaning to its "literal" meaning of the title.
In his latest interview with Men's Fitness for its May issue, the 43-year-old actor is said to have revealed a different side of him totally far from his womanizing advertising executive Don Draper character. According to the publication, Hamm "bears none of the arrogance and boorishness" of Draper in person. So dissing Bieber does not count?
"Look at Bieber or whoever," Hamm says in reference to the 20-year-old pop star. "You're like, 'What the f--k, man? What are you doing? Why?' There's no one telling those people no, and it's a shame."
And the Golden Globe winner added that Bieber should have "a mom or a dad or a really good friend who can say, 'Hey, s**thead!'" According to an Us Weekly report, Hamm is clear that he is not a "Belieber."
"You see people in the world and you're like, 'Do you know how a washing machine works? Do you know how to wash a dish?'' the actor continues. "Life skills are something we're missing... just s--t you needed to learn in life. There used to be a class that kids had to take in high school called home economics, which was cooking and sewing and just s--t you needed to learn in life."
In a happy place. Much love to everyone this Easter
This is my time off but my mind is alway running. Learned a lot this past year thru trial & error but that is life. Excited for what's next — Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) April 21, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon