‘Mad Men’ Star Jon Hamm Disses Justin Bieber, Calls Singer a ‘S**thead’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Has Jon Hamm finally changed the meaning of the title of his TV show "Mad Men" to a literal one when he starts dissing Justin Bieber and referring to the singer as a "s**thead?" Because supposedly, Mad Men should not refer to men who are literally mad.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California in this December 18, 2013
Dictionary.com states that the title is a historical term short for "Madison Avenue" men, which is coined by the show's advertising team as part of a promotional strategy. Hamm plays Don Draper in the show since 2007 up to present, and seven years of being on the show has put him in a pedestal with a definite label.
However, Jon Hamm seems to have recently blurred the lines that separate Mad Men from its "supposed" meaning to its "literal" meaning of the title.
In his latest interview with Men's Fitness for its May issue, the 43-year-old actor is said to have revealed a different side of him totally far from his womanizing advertising executive Don Draper character. According to the publication, Hamm "bears none of the arrogance and boorishness" of Draper in person. So dissing Bieber does not count?
"Look at Bieber or whoever," Hamm says in reference to the 20-year-old pop star. "You're like, 'What the f--k, man? What are you doing? Why?' There's no one telling those people no, and it's a shame."
And the Golden Globe winner added that Bieber should have "a mom or a dad or a really good friend who can say, 'Hey, s**thead!'" According to an Us Weekly report, Hamm is clear that he is not a "Belieber."
"You see people in the world and you're like, 'Do you know how a washing machine works? Do you know how to wash a dish?'' the actor continues. "Life skills are something we're missing... just s--t you needed to learn in life. There used to be a class that kids had to take in high school called home economics, which was cooking and sewing and just s--t you needed to learn in life."
In a happy place. Much love to everyone this Easter
This is my time off but my mind is alway running. Learned a lot this past year thru trial & error but that is life. Excited for what's next — Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) April 21, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal