‘Mad Men’ Star Jon Hamm Disses Justin Bieber, Calls Singer a ‘S**thead’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Has Jon Hamm finally changed the meaning of the title of his TV show "Mad Men" to a literal one when he starts dissing Justin Bieber and referring to the singer as a "s**thead?" Because supposedly, Mad Men should not refer to men who are literally mad.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California in this December 18, 2013
Dictionary.com states that the title is a historical term short for "Madison Avenue" men, which is coined by the show's advertising team as part of a promotional strategy. Hamm plays Don Draper in the show since 2007 up to present, and seven years of being on the show has put him in a pedestal with a definite label.
However, Jon Hamm seems to have recently blurred the lines that separate Mad Men from its "supposed" meaning to its "literal" meaning of the title.
In his latest interview with Men's Fitness for its May issue, the 43-year-old actor is said to have revealed a different side of him totally far from his womanizing advertising executive Don Draper character. According to the publication, Hamm "bears none of the arrogance and boorishness" of Draper in person. So dissing Bieber does not count?
"Look at Bieber or whoever," Hamm says in reference to the 20-year-old pop star. "You're like, 'What the f--k, man? What are you doing? Why?' There's no one telling those people no, and it's a shame."
And the Golden Globe winner added that Bieber should have "a mom or a dad or a really good friend who can say, 'Hey, s**thead!'" According to an Us Weekly report, Hamm is clear that he is not a "Belieber."
"You see people in the world and you're like, 'Do you know how a washing machine works? Do you know how to wash a dish?'' the actor continues. "Life skills are something we're missing... just s--t you needed to learn in life. There used to be a class that kids had to take in high school called home economics, which was cooking and sewing and just s--t you needed to learn in life."
In a happy place. Much love to everyone this Easter
This is my time off but my mind is alway running. Learned a lot this past year thru trial & error but that is life. Excited for what's next — Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) April 21, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS