Apple Q2 FY14: Stock is a Bargain, Pre-Market , After Hours or Normal Trading Hours?
By Athena Yenko | April 23, 2014 1:28 PM EST
Apple Inc Q2 FY14 is scheduled on April 23, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET - after the market closes on Wednesday. Should you be buying the stock during pre-market, after hours or within the normal trading period? Get your hints from various analyses as follows:
Apple Stock Certainly Cheap; A Bargain
An article from NASDAQ suggests it is too early to write-off Apple Inc amidst critics' scepticism on the stock. Apple Inc "will break out of the rut" as analysts saw the stock's earning reaches $10.17 per share up from $10.09 during the same period of 2013.
The report suggested that Apple's stock price is "certainly cheap" as it traded 12 times for calendar year 2014 as compared to Microsoft at 15 and Google at 20.
Quoting David Rolfe, manager of RiverPark/Wedgewood ( RWGFX ) and has 9.1 per cent of assets on Apple Inc, the stock is a bargain.
"There are no longer plenty of bargains out there, but Apple is one of them," Rolfe said. He expected for Apple Inc to produce "double-digit-percentage earnings growth over the next few years." The company, he predicts, will increase its annual dividend from its current price of $12.20 per share.
With Apple sitting on approximately $160 billion in cash, paying shareholders and repurchasing shares are imminent. The company already announced buybacks programme amounting to $100 billion until 2015 - a hint that Josh Spencer, manager of T. Rowe Price Global Technology ( PRGTX , of Apple officials insinuating that the "stock is a bargain."
"Apple has gotten so aggressive on the buybacks that it seems like people at the company know something that we do not. That is a clue you just can't ignore," Spencer said.
As for Apple's earnings, FactSet predicts for the stock to earn $10.19 per share - an increase from $10.09 per share within the same period of 2013.
For its stock price, it should be noted that Apple shares show impressive reaction in 2013 with 30 per cent increase at $525. However, the stock was down 9 per cent coming from a 52 week high of $575.14 on Dec 5 2013.
Apple Inc, from its own estimate, will acquire revenue amounting to $42 - $44 billion for this quarter.
Seeking Alpha provided a preview of what Apple Inc's Q2 might look like.
Analysts at Zacks Institutional Services are estimating that the company's gross margins will reach 37.8 per cent with iPhone shipments reaching 38.1 million and iPad shipments at 19.9 million.
As for the revenue guidance, analysts' consensus is at $38.26 bln (range $34.94 bln to $44.08 bln).
As for the company's share buybacks, it has to be noted that the company's buyback amounted to $40 billion after 12 months following the company's buyback of 14 billion. Apple shares are showing a 1-day average price change with earnings at 5.53 per cent; options pricing was moving at 3.38 per cent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List