Batman: Arkham Knight Faces Possible Delay and Arkham: Origins and Assault on Arkham Get New Trailers
By Gel Galang | April 23, 2014 1:19 PM EST
Batman: Arkham Knight, Rocksteady's final game for the Arkham series and one of the anticipated games coming out for the PS4 and Xbox One, may be facing a delay.
The rumour came during the WonderCon via GameRanx, where it was revealed at the DC All Access Panel that the game may be pushed to a 2015 release date. According to the source, the panelists that have announced the news are DC editors. Of course, they may not be at all connected to the game, so this remains a rumour for the meantime.
Developer Rocksteady has not announced anything as of yet and there have been no changes via the official Batman: Arkham Knight so fans shouldn't lose hope just yet that they can look forward to the game before the year ends.
The timeline of the game may actually fit a later release date, especially now that Arkham: Origins is far from being an old and static game (more on this later). But there may be some diehard fans who would love to see and play an Arkham game on the next-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One, more especially with the tease of the Batmobile being a drivable vehicle.
For now, the official word stays: Batman: Arkham Knight is coming in 2014 as per the official web site, but do keep watch for any updates.
New trailer for Batman: Arkham Origins DLC
Speaking of Batman: Arkham Origins, the newest DLC, Cold, Cold Heart, which features Mr. Freeze, has released another trailer for its launch on PSN, Xbox Live and Steam.
Cold, Cold Heart features a number of new locations like the Wayne Manor and the GothCorp, new gadgets like the Thermocharged Batarangs and Thermal Gloves, Batman's new Extreme Environment suit, and a battle between Batman and Victor Fries.
Check out the trailer below, but you can also check out the first 30 minutes of the DLC from another video in the link here.
Batman: Assault on Arkham gets a trailer
The animated feature, which has its roots on the Batman: Arkham games, gets another trailer following its announcement at the San Diego Comic-Con.
GameSpot has spotted the trailer, which shows off the Suicide Squad, The Joker, the Batman, and a lot of guns and fighting scenes.
What's interesting about the movie apart from its basis on Arkham Asylum is that it also features the voice of the actors who played their specific roles in the game, including Ttroy Baker for The Joker.
Batman: Assault on Arkham is a direct-to-video feature, though no release date has been announced as of yet.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install