Batman: Arkham Knight Faces Possible Delay and Arkham: Origins and Assault on Arkham Get New Trailers
By Gel Galang | April 23, 2014 1:19 PM EST
Batman: Arkham Knight, Rocksteady's final game for the Arkham series and one of the anticipated games coming out for the PS4 and Xbox One, may be facing a delay.
The rumour came during the WonderCon via GameRanx, where it was revealed at the DC All Access Panel that the game may be pushed to a 2015 release date. According to the source, the panelists that have announced the news are DC editors. Of course, they may not be at all connected to the game, so this remains a rumour for the meantime.
Developer Rocksteady has not announced anything as of yet and there have been no changes via the official Batman: Arkham Knight so fans shouldn't lose hope just yet that they can look forward to the game before the year ends.
The timeline of the game may actually fit a later release date, especially now that Arkham: Origins is far from being an old and static game (more on this later). But there may be some diehard fans who would love to see and play an Arkham game on the next-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One, more especially with the tease of the Batmobile being a drivable vehicle.
For now, the official word stays: Batman: Arkham Knight is coming in 2014 as per the official web site, but do keep watch for any updates.
New trailer for Batman: Arkham Origins DLC
Speaking of Batman: Arkham Origins, the newest DLC, Cold, Cold Heart, which features Mr. Freeze, has released another trailer for its launch on PSN, Xbox Live and Steam.
Cold, Cold Heart features a number of new locations like the Wayne Manor and the GothCorp, new gadgets like the Thermocharged Batarangs and Thermal Gloves, Batman's new Extreme Environment suit, and a battle between Batman and Victor Fries.
Check out the trailer below, but you can also check out the first 30 minutes of the DLC from another video in the link here.
Batman: Assault on Arkham gets a trailer
The animated feature, which has its roots on the Batman: Arkham games, gets another trailer following its announcement at the San Diego Comic-Con.
GameSpot has spotted the trailer, which shows off the Suicide Squad, The Joker, the Batman, and a lot of guns and fighting scenes.
What's interesting about the movie apart from its basis on Arkham Asylum is that it also features the voice of the actors who played their specific roles in the game, including Ttroy Baker for The Joker.
Batman: Assault on Arkham is a direct-to-video feature, though no release date has been announced as of yet.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James