Batman: Arkham Knight Faces Possible Delay and Arkham: Origins and Assault on Arkham Get New Trailers
By Gel Galang | April 23, 2014 1:19 PM EST
Batman: Arkham Knight, Rocksteady's final game for the Arkham series and one of the anticipated games coming out for the PS4 and Xbox One, may be facing a delay.
The rumour came during the WonderCon via GameRanx, where it was revealed at the DC All Access Panel that the game may be pushed to a 2015 release date. According to the source, the panelists that have announced the news are DC editors. Of course, they may not be at all connected to the game, so this remains a rumour for the meantime.
Developer Rocksteady has not announced anything as of yet and there have been no changes via the official Batman: Arkham Knight so fans shouldn't lose hope just yet that they can look forward to the game before the year ends.
The timeline of the game may actually fit a later release date, especially now that Arkham: Origins is far from being an old and static game (more on this later). But there may be some diehard fans who would love to see and play an Arkham game on the next-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One, more especially with the tease of the Batmobile being a drivable vehicle.
For now, the official word stays: Batman: Arkham Knight is coming in 2014 as per the official web site, but do keep watch for any updates.
New trailer for Batman: Arkham Origins DLC
Speaking of Batman: Arkham Origins, the newest DLC, Cold, Cold Heart, which features Mr. Freeze, has released another trailer for its launch on PSN, Xbox Live and Steam.
Cold, Cold Heart features a number of new locations like the Wayne Manor and the GothCorp, new gadgets like the Thermocharged Batarangs and Thermal Gloves, Batman's new Extreme Environment suit, and a battle between Batman and Victor Fries.
Check out the trailer below, but you can also check out the first 30 minutes of the DLC from another video in the link here.
Batman: Assault on Arkham gets a trailer
The animated feature, which has its roots on the Batman: Arkham games, gets another trailer following its announcement at the San Diego Comic-Con.
GameSpot has spotted the trailer, which shows off the Suicide Squad, The Joker, the Batman, and a lot of guns and fighting scenes.
What's interesting about the movie apart from its basis on Arkham Asylum is that it also features the voice of the actors who played their specific roles in the game, including Ttroy Baker for The Joker.
Batman: Assault on Arkham is a direct-to-video feature, though no release date has been announced as of yet.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan