Exciting PS4 and PS Vita News: PSOne, PS2 Games Now Playable, Uncharted 4 on PS4 Teased for E3 and New Next-Gen Game Listed
By Gel Galang | April 23, 2014 1:16 PM EST
If you want a blast from the past, you may be in store for a pleasant surprise, as PlayStation Classic and PSP games can now be downloaded and played on the PS Vita.
It seems that much-loved titles like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Gran Turismo and Mod Nation Racers, among others, can be played on the PS Vita. However, the catch is that this does not seem to be an official purchase on the PS Network.
DualShockers has spotted the report via NeoGAF< wherein the games can be downloaded, though via the SE Network storefront, they do not appear to be available for the PS Vita. Some are even speculating that this can be a bug, so caution in purchasing them via the SEN web store or via the PS3 should be exercised.
Another possibility is that this is a beta test for allowing classic PS games to be downloaded to the PS Vita. Can this be a step towards the awaited feature of streaming games on the PS4?
Check out the link above to see screenshots of the available games, and see if there's one that takes your fancy.
Uncharted 4 may be showcased at E3
For PS4 fans, E3 may be more than just a tradeshow this year, as rumours of Uncharted 4 gameplay being shown at the event has been making headlines left and right.
According to GameSpot, insider Tidux has teased that an Uncharted gameplay will be made available for viewing at the E3. It's a reasonable and albeit logical move for Sony to showcase Uncharted 4, one of the anticipated games for the PS4, at one of the biggest gaming event of the year.
Of course, leaks like these, which have not yet been confirmed by developer Naughty Dog, should still be seen with a touch of skepticism. The studio has experienced some departures, and though most official comments have stated that the projects, including Uncharted 4, will not be affected, nothing is yet set in stone until the actual date comes.
But given the time that Uncharted 4 has been in the drawing board, at least a teaser trailer would surely be appreciated by fans.
The Walking Dead Game of the Year coming for PS4?
Telltale Games' The Walking Dead Game of the Year version maybe coming to the PS4 as early as June, if a GameStop listing is to be believed. IGN has spotted the appearance of the game, though a GOTY version has yet to be confirmed. Note that the June 17 release date may be a placeholder.
The Walking Dead only has a Game of the Year version for the last-gen consoles PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as the PC. It has a few added bonuses like behind-the-scenes look, a soundtrack and the 400 Days DLC included. Considering that no new additions have been hinted by the developer, the same content may be found for the PS4, if it turns out to be an official game.
So far, The Walking Dead has already received its second season, and has just appeared on mobile platforms for its first season.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Gets Spotted In The Samsung Website, Unpacked Teaser and A Blocky Case
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How