‘American Idol’ 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 ‘Finals Week 9 – Top 6 Sings Country and Rock’ Airs April 23 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Not one, but two - that is how the "American Idol" 2014 Top 6 finalists do it for Finals Week 9. The AI Season 13 spoilers reveal that the remaining Idol hopefuls will tackle two songs up on the stage for this week's theme.
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. (C) pose with host Ryan Seacrest (2nd R) and producer Randy Jackson at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
On Wednesday, April 23, the Top 6 Idol hopefuls sing two songs that fall under country music and another under rock n roll. Speculations over this week's theme appear to have come up to one result, which is this week will be "exciting" and maybe a little "intriguing."
Reality Rewind wrote that the theme for this week "seems pretty fitting" for the remaining Idol hopefuls as each Idol can choose a song that fits his or her style.
Meanwhile, americanidolnet thinks the theme will give the Idol hopefuls a chance to "try something new" and "offer viewers two reasons to vote" for them.
American Idol appears to have given the Idol hopefuls the real challenge for Finals Week 9. Caleb Johnson can definitely kill a rock song, but singing a country music may be a different story for him. On the other hand, C.J. Harris may have a good upshot with country though not with rock. But apparently, both singers can still surprise everyone.
Other Idol contestants Jessica Meuse, Alex Preston, Jena Ascuitto and Sam Woolf are all set to surprise the fans as well. It appears that the Top 6 contestants must all prove themselves this week to have a shot on the American Idol crown.
Last week results show put Dexter Roberts out of the competition, leaving his fans wondering how Roberts will do it if he was given the chance to stay a little bit longer on the show. The guy can definitely sing country so it makes his fans wonder how he will put his own spin on a rock n roll song.
Only a few more weeks to go before the American Idol winner gets crowned. On Thursday, April 24, AI Season 13 will cast another Idol hopeful out of the competition and will reveal who will be the Top 5 finalists who have survived from the live performances.
Stay tuned and watch American Idol at 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET/PT on FOX on Wednesday for the live performances, and 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Thursday for the 30-minute episode dedicated for the results show.
WATCH: Be an Idol on Earth Day [Source]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop