‘American Idol’ 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 ‘Finals Week 9 – Top 6 Sings Country and Rock’ Airs April 23 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Not one, but two - that is how the "American Idol" 2014 Top 6 finalists do it for Finals Week 9. The AI Season 13 spoilers reveal that the remaining Idol hopefuls will tackle two songs up on the stage for this week's theme.
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. (C) pose with host Ryan Seacrest (2nd R) and producer Randy Jackson at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
On Wednesday, April 23, the Top 6 Idol hopefuls sing two songs that fall under country music and another under rock n roll. Speculations over this week's theme appear to have come up to one result, which is this week will be "exciting" and maybe a little "intriguing."
Reality Rewind wrote that the theme for this week "seems pretty fitting" for the remaining Idol hopefuls as each Idol can choose a song that fits his or her style.
Meanwhile, americanidolnet thinks the theme will give the Idol hopefuls a chance to "try something new" and "offer viewers two reasons to vote" for them.
American Idol appears to have given the Idol hopefuls the real challenge for Finals Week 9. Caleb Johnson can definitely kill a rock song, but singing a country music may be a different story for him. On the other hand, C.J. Harris may have a good upshot with country though not with rock. But apparently, both singers can still surprise everyone.
Other Idol contestants Jessica Meuse, Alex Preston, Jena Ascuitto and Sam Woolf are all set to surprise the fans as well. It appears that the Top 6 contestants must all prove themselves this week to have a shot on the American Idol crown.
Last week results show put Dexter Roberts out of the competition, leaving his fans wondering how Roberts will do it if he was given the chance to stay a little bit longer on the show. The guy can definitely sing country so it makes his fans wonder how he will put his own spin on a rock n roll song.
Only a few more weeks to go before the American Idol winner gets crowned. On Thursday, April 24, AI Season 13 will cast another Idol hopeful out of the competition and will reveal who will be the Top 5 finalists who have survived from the live performances.
Stay tuned and watch American Idol at 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET/PT on FOX on Wednesday for the live performances, and 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Thursday for the 30-minute episode dedicated for the results show.
WATCH: Be an Idol on Earth Day [Source]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate