‘American Idol’ 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 ‘Finals Week 9 – Top 6 Sings Country and Rock’ Airs April 23 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Not one, but two - that is how the "American Idol" 2014 Top 6 finalists do it for Finals Week 9. The AI Season 13 spoilers reveal that the remaining Idol hopefuls will tackle two songs up on the stage for this week's theme.
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. (C) pose with host Ryan Seacrest (2nd R) and producer Randy Jackson at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
On Wednesday, April 23, the Top 6 Idol hopefuls sing two songs that fall under country music and another under rock n roll. Speculations over this week's theme appear to have come up to one result, which is this week will be "exciting" and maybe a little "intriguing."
Reality Rewind wrote that the theme for this week "seems pretty fitting" for the remaining Idol hopefuls as each Idol can choose a song that fits his or her style.
Meanwhile, americanidolnet thinks the theme will give the Idol hopefuls a chance to "try something new" and "offer viewers two reasons to vote" for them.
American Idol appears to have given the Idol hopefuls the real challenge for Finals Week 9. Caleb Johnson can definitely kill a rock song, but singing a country music may be a different story for him. On the other hand, C.J. Harris may have a good upshot with country though not with rock. But apparently, both singers can still surprise everyone.
Other Idol contestants Jessica Meuse, Alex Preston, Jena Ascuitto and Sam Woolf are all set to surprise the fans as well. It appears that the Top 6 contestants must all prove themselves this week to have a shot on the American Idol crown.
Last week results show put Dexter Roberts out of the competition, leaving his fans wondering how Roberts will do it if he was given the chance to stay a little bit longer on the show. The guy can definitely sing country so it makes his fans wonder how he will put his own spin on a rock n roll song.
Only a few more weeks to go before the American Idol winner gets crowned. On Thursday, April 24, AI Season 13 will cast another Idol hopeful out of the competition and will reveal who will be the Top 5 finalists who have survived from the live performances.
Stay tuned and watch American Idol at 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET/PT on FOX on Wednesday for the live performances, and 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Thursday for the 30-minute episode dedicated for the results show.
WATCH: Be an Idol on Earth Day [Source]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8