Xbox One Fix Not Necessarily Based on Xbox 360 Features, Halo 5’s Possible Cloud Power Discussed
By Gel Galang | April 23, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Additions for the Xbox One have been underway as Microsoft continues to add new features while listening to the feedback of the community. However, it seems that Microsoft also wants to remind its fans that, while they want to cater to the audience, there are also some limitations, depending on what can be done for the next-gen console.
"You have to remember the Xbox 360 is a very mature platform that has been around for almost 10 years. In that time, we added a TON of new features," said Major Nelson as quoted by Total Xbox. "Xbox One is a completely new architecture so we can't just take work that was done on Xbox 360 and plop [it] into the codebase of Xbox One. Things don't work that way."
Still, when it comes to the requested features, Microsoft has already confirmed that they will be adding the external hard drive support in the future.
Halo 5 hinted to have cloud power
Halo 5, one of the most anticipated games for Microsoft and one that has been expected by fans to debut on the Xbox One has now been hinted to make use of the Azure Cloud Microsoft's answer to cloud gaming.
This new information comes from a job ad that has been found by Gaming Bolt, which looks for someone qualified to be a Software Development Engineer with a specialization on working with the cloud.
The job listing states that the position is looking for someone who is able to work with web technologies and services, particularly because the next project seems to be a integrative one that makes use of a lot of platforms for a holistic user experience, and this includes the Xbox One and even mobile platforms.
And for Halo fans, yes, the job ad has mentioned that the Software Engineering Test position will be working with 343 Industries to create what should be a "new and innovative companion experiences for the Halo Universe."
There was no explicit mention of Halo 5 per se, but considering that Microsoft has had big plans for the franchise, it would be interesting to see how the integration of the Azure cloud, the Xbox One and other technologies into the franchise.
Teasers for Halo 5 to appear in Halo: Escalations?
Speaking of Halo 5, another teaser has been spotted, this time by VG 24/7. Reporting on the next issue of Halo: Escalation, it seems that there may be new information on Master Chief's activities for Halo 5.
While this may not necessarily reveal much on Halo 5, it does extend the Halo franchise, as the next issue will be exploring the reasons why Master Chief has left the UNSC Infinity.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft