iOS 7.1.1 Update Rolls Out With Bug Fixes on Touch ID, Keyboard
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 23, 2014 11:51 AM EST
Apple is rolling out the 7.1.1 version of iOS that brings various bug fixes, including the fix for issues in Touch ID and keyboard.
According to Apple Insider, the tech giant released a minor update on its mobile operating system that will address some of the few bugs and issues, including those that affect keyboard responsiveness as well as improving the performance of the iPhone 5s Touch ID fingerprint sensor.
iOS 7.1.1 is now available through Software Update in the Settings application on an iPhone or iPad. According to its description, it will be accompanied with "improvements, bug fixes and security updates."
Apple also said that the update will also bring improvements on the Touch ID fingerprint sensor for the iPhone 5S owners. Furthermore, the update aimed to fix an issue that could arise when using Bluetooth keyboards while VoiceOver is enabled.
Apple released the iOS 7.1 last month, which is a significant upgrade that addressed and fixed the myriad of bugs and issues that lingered since the release of iOS 7 in the fall of last year. To be precise, iOS 7.1 fixed a number of crash-related issues that iPhone and iPad users were experiencing while using the multitasking view and browsing the web in Safari.
iOS 7.1 also brought improvements for Siri and Touch ID as well as set the stage for the launch of CarPlay in supported vehicles and aftermarket install kits later this year.
Apple is set to introduce the 8th generation of its mobile software next month at the Worldwide Developers' Conference. The annual tech event will kick off on June 2 and the keynote presentation will formally unveil iOS 8 alongside with some of the devices from the Cupertino-based company.
It was speculated that Apple will release a 12-inch MacBook Air with Retina Display and an updated MacBook Pro at the said event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance