‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Inside Scoops: Jamie Dornan Heads to Cannes, His Take as an Actor and a Model
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 11:49 AM EST
If anyone has ever doubted the Irish actor Jamie Dornan on playing the role of Christian Grey on the upcoming Valentine's Day movie "Fifty Shades of Grey," now is the time to look back at him, again.
According to contactmusic.com, Dornan is heading to Cannes for the May 19 premiere of his new romance movie "Flying Home," directed by Dominique Deruddere, where the actor plays as the lead character Colin.
Variety reported that Germany's Media Luna, an independentworld sales company representing directors and producers, has made an announcement that it will be taking care of "international rights on five brand new acquisitions" and apparently "Flying Home," starring Jamie Dornan, is one of the films included.
Many people may have only heard Dornan's name after the production team of the movie adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey," a novel by E.L. James, announced that the Irish actor would be playing the role. Apparently, the 31-year-old actor has been acting for years and had done a lot of auditions in the past, though not to impress others but himself.
"I never felt I was trying to prove anything apart from to myself. But I come at it from a funny angle. Although it looks like I've only been acting a few years, we're talking hundreds and hundreds of failed auditions," Jamie Dornan told The Guardian in a new interview.
"I look back on it now and I don't know how anyone gets through the rejection," Dornan added.
However, despite failing on his previous auditions, Dornan has shown real potential lately. In fact, he has been a busy man from filming "The Fall" to "Fifty Shades" and to his new TV drama "New Worlds."
The actor also recently won two Irish awards, namely Best Actor and Rising Star, for his acting skills in the crime drama series "The Fall" at the 11th Annual Irish Film and Television Awards (IFTA) on April 5.
And aside from IFTA, the actor reportedly received a BAFTA nomination for the same show. Acting is not only Dornan's expertise, though. He is also a model—an "underwear" model for Calvin Klein.
"I think I've done two shoots in my underwear ever," he revealed. "They both happened to be for Calvin Klein. But that tag—underwear model—I just can't get rid of it. And it's such a bizarre, specific thing—underwear. It's like I never modelled clothes."
Regardless of being labeled, Dornan also reportedly admitted that if modeling didn't get him paid, he probably would have stopped acting entirely and just continued modelling.
"I was lucky. If I hadn't been getting paid to model I definitely would have stopped. I would fly off, do a shoot here and there, get paid well, then go back to preparing—and failing—for auditions and meetings," Jamie Dornan said in the interview.
More Fifty Shades News and Inside Scoops:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia