‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Inside Scoops: Jamie Dornan Heads to Cannes, His Take as an Actor and a Model
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 11:49 AM EST
If anyone has ever doubted the Irish actor Jamie Dornan on playing the role of Christian Grey on the upcoming Valentine's Day movie "Fifty Shades of Grey," now is the time to look back at him, again.
According to contactmusic.com, Dornan is heading to Cannes for the May 19 premiere of his new romance movie "Flying Home," directed by Dominique Deruddere, where the actor plays as the lead character Colin.
Variety reported that Germany's Media Luna, an independentworld sales company representing directors and producers, has made an announcement that it will be taking care of "international rights on five brand new acquisitions" and apparently "Flying Home," starring Jamie Dornan, is one of the films included.
Many people may have only heard Dornan's name after the production team of the movie adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey," a novel by E.L. James, announced that the Irish actor would be playing the role. Apparently, the 31-year-old actor has been acting for years and had done a lot of auditions in the past, though not to impress others but himself.
"I never felt I was trying to prove anything apart from to myself. But I come at it from a funny angle. Although it looks like I've only been acting a few years, we're talking hundreds and hundreds of failed auditions," Jamie Dornan told The Guardian in a new interview.
"I look back on it now and I don't know how anyone gets through the rejection," Dornan added.
However, despite failing on his previous auditions, Dornan has shown real potential lately. In fact, he has been a busy man from filming "The Fall" to "Fifty Shades" and to his new TV drama "New Worlds."
The actor also recently won two Irish awards, namely Best Actor and Rising Star, for his acting skills in the crime drama series "The Fall" at the 11th Annual Irish Film and Television Awards (IFTA) on April 5.
And aside from IFTA, the actor reportedly received a BAFTA nomination for the same show. Acting is not only Dornan's expertise, though. He is also a model—an "underwear" model for Calvin Klein.
"I think I've done two shoots in my underwear ever," he revealed. "They both happened to be for Calvin Klein. But that tag—underwear model—I just can't get rid of it. And it's such a bizarre, specific thing—underwear. It's like I never modelled clothes."
Regardless of being labeled, Dornan also reportedly admitted that if modeling didn't get him paid, he probably would have stopped acting entirely and just continued modelling.
"I was lucky. If I hadn't been getting paid to model I definitely would have stopped. I would fly off, do a shoot here and there, get paid well, then go back to preparing—and failing—for auditions and meetings," Jamie Dornan said in the interview.
More Fifty Shades News and Inside Scoops:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market