‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Inside Scoops: Jamie Dornan Heads to Cannes, His Take as an Actor and a Model
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 23, 2014 11:49 AM EST
If anyone has ever doubted the Irish actor Jamie Dornan on playing the role of Christian Grey on the upcoming Valentine's Day movie "Fifty Shades of Grey," now is the time to look back at him, again.
According to contactmusic.com, Dornan is heading to Cannes for the May 19 premiere of his new romance movie "Flying Home," directed by Dominique Deruddere, where the actor plays as the lead character Colin.
Variety reported that Germany's Media Luna, an independentworld sales company representing directors and producers, has made an announcement that it will be taking care of "international rights on five brand new acquisitions" and apparently "Flying Home," starring Jamie Dornan, is one of the films included.
Many people may have only heard Dornan's name after the production team of the movie adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey," a novel by E.L. James, announced that the Irish actor would be playing the role. Apparently, the 31-year-old actor has been acting for years and had done a lot of auditions in the past, though not to impress others but himself.
"I never felt I was trying to prove anything apart from to myself. But I come at it from a funny angle. Although it looks like I've only been acting a few years, we're talking hundreds and hundreds of failed auditions," Jamie Dornan told The Guardian in a new interview.
"I look back on it now and I don't know how anyone gets through the rejection," Dornan added.
However, despite failing on his previous auditions, Dornan has shown real potential lately. In fact, he has been a busy man from filming "The Fall" to "Fifty Shades" and to his new TV drama "New Worlds."
The actor also recently won two Irish awards, namely Best Actor and Rising Star, for his acting skills in the crime drama series "The Fall" at the 11th Annual Irish Film and Television Awards (IFTA) on April 5.
And aside from IFTA, the actor reportedly received a BAFTA nomination for the same show. Acting is not only Dornan's expertise, though. He is also a model—an "underwear" model for Calvin Klein.
"I think I've done two shoots in my underwear ever," he revealed. "They both happened to be for Calvin Klein. But that tag—underwear model—I just can't get rid of it. And it's such a bizarre, specific thing—underwear. It's like I never modelled clothes."
Regardless of being labeled, Dornan also reportedly admitted that if modeling didn't get him paid, he probably would have stopped acting entirely and just continued modelling.
"I was lucky. If I hadn't been getting paid to model I definitely would have stopped. I would fly off, do a shoot here and there, get paid well, then go back to preparing—and failing—for auditions and meetings," Jamie Dornan said in the interview.
More Fifty Shades News and Inside Scoops:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’