‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) Week 1 Live Shows Results Recap, Spoilers: Top 10 Revealed After Shocking Double Elimination
By jaskiran kaur | April 23, 2014 11:30 AM EST
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) kicked off Week 1 of Live Shows on April 21, 2014. NBC's Emmy Award winning reality singing competition show has reached its final stage and is only four weeks away from its finale. Monday night's segment saw top 12 contestants perform their first live shows performance. The results of which were announced on Tuesday night, April 22 episode. In the results episode, top 12 were narrowed down to top 10. Let's take a look at the recap of the "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Week 1 Live Shows results episode. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Week 1 Live Shows Elimination Episode. Read only if you want to learn more about it.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Live Shows
In its final stage of the competition, remaining contestants of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) perform to impress the viewers and to garner maximum number of votes from them. Results of the Live Shows are based on votes given by American audience. The contestant who receives maximum vote is saved from being eliminated, while the ones who receive minimum votes are moved to danger zone called "bottom three."
However, one of the "bottom three" contestants can be saved by a special feature called "Instant Save." Viewers cast votes using their Twitter accounts during the voting window which is opened for five minutes when the episode is on air. And the remaining two are eliminated. Here is a recap of what happened on April 22 elimination episode.
The Voice Season 6 (2014) Week 1 Live Shows Elimination Episode [Spoilers, Recap]
Elimination episodes may bring some sad news, but it also brings some good things along with it. Viewers can now look forward to enjoy some scintillating celebrity performances. Tuesday night's elimination episode kicked off with a performance by Coach Adam Levine and his team. They sang Peter Gabriel's song "Sledgehammer."
Soon after the first performance, host Carson Daly started to announce the names of the artists who are safe and are not being eliminated. Scroll down to read who got eliminated and who moves on to the next level.
Performance by Team Adam was followed by Coach Shakira's solo performance. She sang her latest single titled "Empire."
Next to perform on the stage was Coach Blake Shelton and his team. They sang "Put Some Drive in Your Country" by Travis Tritt.
In the end, the show features performances by the three contestants who figured in bottom three. T.J. Wilkins from Team Usher sang "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. Dani Moz from Team Shakira sang "Turning Tables" by Adele and Tess Boyer from the same team performed "Dark Side" by Kelly Clarkson.
The Voice Season 6 (2014) Week 1 Live Shows Results: Top 10 Revealed
Josh Kaufman from Team Usher was the first artist on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) to get iTunes Bonus for his Live Shows performance on Monday night. Tess Boyer, Dani Moz and T.J. Wilkins figured in bottom three. The one who was saved by "Instant Save" was Tess Boyer from Team Shakira while T.J Wilkins from Team Usher and Dani Moz from Team Shakira were eliminated.
Top 10 contestants include:
Team Adam: Delvin Choice, Kat Perkins, Christina Grimmie
Team Shakira: Kristen Merlin, Tess Boyer
Team Blake: Audra McLaughlin, Jake Worthington, Sisaundra Lewis
Team Usher: Josh Kaufman, Bria Kelly
Above mentioned top 10 contestants move on to perform next week on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Week 2 Live Shows. Now, Team Adam and Team Blake have three artists each in their teams while Team Usher and Team Shakira are left with just two contestants in their teams. "The Voice" will return on April 28 for its second week of Live Shows and will be followed by results episode on April 29. So, keep voting and keep watching "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) on NBC.
For more spoilers and recap "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate