'Assassin’s Creed: Unity' Rumoured for 4-Player, 'AC: Comet' Teases Templar Playable
By Gel Galang | April 23, 2014 11:18 AM EST
The "Assassin's Creed" franchise for this year will be different in the sense that Ubisoft may be planning two games released for the two different platforms, next-gen and last-gen consoles.
The latest leak for "Assassin's Creed: Unity," the "AC" game meant for the PS4 and the Xbox One, is that it may be looking at a co-op mode narrative that can have up to four players.
Digital Trends quotes tweets from insider shinobi602, which first stated that there may be two demos of "AC: Unity" planned for the E3 2014 event as well as showcasing the four-player co-op mode.
While none of the leaked information has been confirmed—and, knowing Ubisoft, comments on rumours are not expected at all—the E3 2014 tradeshow event is the best place to confirm such rumours.
Ubisoft has already confirmed that "Unity" is an upcoming game after leaks have become public, and given the following leaks even for its other unconfirmed game, "Assassin's Creed: Comet."
Play Templar in 'Assassin's Creed: Comet'
As far as the other rumoured "Assassin's Creed" game, "Comet," goes, it seems that Ubisoft may not be neglecting the game that's meant to come out on last-gen consoles, PS3 and Xbox 360.
While the setting for "Assassin's Creed: Unity" has pretty much been confirmed, "Comet's" own setting may have been hinted via a new French gaming site and verified by Kotaku. According to the source, the setting for the other "AC" game may be the year 1758 on the Atlantic Ocean, where gamers have Shay, a sailor, who has betrayed his captain.
This sounds pretty familiar. A nautical theme has just been used for the most recent iteration, "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag." Most of the information has not yet been confirmed by Ubisoft, though previous rumours have already talked about a protagonist named Shay as well as North America being the setting of the next game.
Shay is also supposedly a Templars member, so this may be a change in the way that the player will be facing the game. The Templars are supposed to be against the assassins, as they are the antagonist for the "AC" franchise.
Hopefully, Ubisoft will make announcements for the game, if possible at the E3 2014. This can be a way to confirm if "Comet" is justified to be a different game set for the last-gen consoles, considering that many people already feel that Ubisoft is churning out a lot of "AC" games, perhaps to the point of saturation.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight