'Assassin’s Creed: Unity' Rumoured for 4-Player, 'AC: Comet' Teases Templar Playable
By Gel Galang | April 23, 2014 11:18 AM EST
The "Assassin's Creed" franchise for this year will be different in the sense that Ubisoft may be planning two games released for the two different platforms, next-gen and last-gen consoles.
The latest leak for "Assassin's Creed: Unity," the "AC" game meant for the PS4 and the Xbox One, is that it may be looking at a co-op mode narrative that can have up to four players.
Digital Trends quotes tweets from insider shinobi602, which first stated that there may be two demos of "AC: Unity" planned for the E3 2014 event as well as showcasing the four-player co-op mode.
While none of the leaked information has been confirmed—and, knowing Ubisoft, comments on rumours are not expected at all—the E3 2014 tradeshow event is the best place to confirm such rumours.
Ubisoft has already confirmed that "Unity" is an upcoming game after leaks have become public, and given the following leaks even for its other unconfirmed game, "Assassin's Creed: Comet."
Play Templar in 'Assassin's Creed: Comet'
As far as the other rumoured "Assassin's Creed" game, "Comet," goes, it seems that Ubisoft may not be neglecting the game that's meant to come out on last-gen consoles, PS3 and Xbox 360.
While the setting for "Assassin's Creed: Unity" has pretty much been confirmed, "Comet's" own setting may have been hinted via a new French gaming site and verified by Kotaku. According to the source, the setting for the other "AC" game may be the year 1758 on the Atlantic Ocean, where gamers have Shay, a sailor, who has betrayed his captain.
This sounds pretty familiar. A nautical theme has just been used for the most recent iteration, "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag." Most of the information has not yet been confirmed by Ubisoft, though previous rumours have already talked about a protagonist named Shay as well as North America being the setting of the next game.
Shay is also supposedly a Templars member, so this may be a change in the way that the player will be facing the game. The Templars are supposed to be against the assassins, as they are the antagonist for the "AC" franchise.
Hopefully, Ubisoft will make announcements for the game, if possible at the E3 2014. This can be a way to confirm if "Comet" is justified to be a different game set for the last-gen consoles, considering that many people already feel that Ubisoft is churning out a lot of "AC" games, perhaps to the point of saturation.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports