New UFO-Shaped Apple Headquarters to Have 1,000 Shared Bikes, Use 30% Less Energy
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 23, 2014 8:47 AM EST
The rising new Apple headquarters in Cupertino, California, promises not just to be an architectural landmark with its unique UFO-shaped design, but also a showcase of green technology.
A new video of the edifice (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB6_XkUFpAc) released recently by the tech giant provided more details into the sustainability and environmental design of the campus.
By using natural air 75 per cent of the time to cool the campus, the headquarters is expected to save a lot on electricity bills. It would also tap a lot of solar energy by installing solar panels on its roof and other renewable energy sources.
A unique feature of the campus would be the availability of 1,000 shared bikes for moving around the headquarters covering 2.8 million square foot space that would serve as office of about 13,000 Apple employees. It would include accommodation for some of the company's workers.
The building is scheduled to finish and ready for move in by 2016.
The release of the video is timed with global celebration of Earth Day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports