‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Why Filming of New Season Yet to Begin?
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 23, 2014 8:16 AM EST
"Sherlock" fans, millions upon millions of them, are a greedy lot. They want to see more of Sherlock Holmes and Dr John Watson and that too without a long waiting period. The busy schedule of actors, however, is playing spoilsport, as it is getting hard to bring everyone together.
"It's very hard to get together. But it's one of those things where you have to at some point just go, 'we're going to do it now' -- otherwise we could be having this conversation in three years. There comes a point where you've got to piss or get off the pot," says Martin Freeman, who plays Watson, to Digital Spy,
The busy actor, who is currently starring in anthology series "Fargo," which is based on the movie of the same name, is set to play the title role of Richard III at Trafalgar Studios, London's West End, later this year. The actor said to Digital Spy that the original plan to join the "Sherlock" team to begin shooting the fourth season, after the play's theatrical run, is not happening anymore.
Freeman may not be interested in doing American shows that keep on going for years, but when it comes to "Sherlock," he does not have any reservation. He is keen on doing the hugely popular show, "Sherlock," for years to come.
"I can't countenance doing something for eight months of the year every year -- but three months of the year every couple of years is much more attractive," Freeman said, adding that he "wouldn't and couldn't put an end point on it -- I'm just more open to it."
Meanwhile, Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Sherlock, is also portraying the role of Richard III. He has been roped in to play the same role for BBC's second series of Shakespeare's History plays.
BBC has yet to officially announce the return of "Sherlock" for Season 4. The third season of "Sherlock" premiered on January 01, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone