‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Who is the Collector of Freaks?
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 23, 2014 8:14 AM EST
Spalding of "American Horror Story-Coven" is set to return as "collector of freaks" in the fourth installment of the FX's horror anthology series.
The fourth season of "American Horror Story" is subtitled "Freak Show" and is set in the 1950. Jessica Lange's character, a German ex-pat, will be seen managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S. Some of the actors of the previous seasons will return to play the role of performers. These performers have been rescued by Lange's character and they will do anything to keep the business going.
Denis O'Hare, who played Spalding in "Coven," said to Vulture that he will not be playing one of the freaks. He describes his character as "collector of freaks," the one who will be "working at cross-purpose with her [Lange's character]."
The actor revealed that he has plenty of scenes with Lange. Lange's characters and O'Hare's character will be seen having fights. He said, "We'll have lots of scenes with each other, but we'll be battling."
O'Hare's character will be seen in the ten episodes. In addition to him, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson, Jamie Brewer, Gabourey Sidibe and Frances Conroy will be returning in the fourth season of "American Horror Story."
Veteran actor Michael Chiklis has been roped in to play the ex-husband of Kathy Bates' character and the father of Evan Peters' character.
"American Horror Story-Coven," which featured Salem witches, had a lighter tone. The new season will retain that lighter tone though the story will be completely new. "Coven" was set and shot in New Orleans. "Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Florida, but will be filmed in New Orleans.
Talking about the upcoming season, Angela Bassett had said to E! Online that Lange's character has "rescued all these different individuals. It's the end of that era, of the freak show, and we'll do anything to keep our business going."
"American Horror Story-Freak Show" is expected to premiere sometime in October 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date