'Fifty Shades of Grey' Actor Jamie Dornan: 'I Want A Job Where I Don't Have To Tie Women to Beds'
By nidhi tewari | April 23, 2014 8:08 AM EST
Jamie Dornan might have bagged the most memorable role of his life as Christian Grey in the upcoming movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" but the Irish hunk is clearly not enjoying tying women to bed as his role required him to do in the movie. The 31-year-old former Calvin Klein model also joked how he has mastered the art of tying different types of knots! However he is clear in his mind that he wants a job in future which does not involve "tying women to beds."
Dornan is also playing the role of a serial killer who ties his victims before killing them in the movie "The Fall" and as the multi-millionaire kinky lover in "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie with Dakota Johnson. In Fifty Shades too Jamie's role involves tying women in bondage scenes. However the soft-hearted guy clearly does not enjoy this in his real life.
"There are a couple of classic knots I know now," Dornan joked in his latest interview with The Guardian, "and I've put them to good use far too many times recently. In fact I'd like to do a job where I don't have to tie women to beds."
He even considers the amount of attention he is receiving for entire bondage sex themed movie rather weird and believes that he could "lose" his mind.
"The whole thing's ridiculous. It's just all a bit silly the way it works. I think I could lose my mind," Jamie told the newspaper.
Jamie replaced Charlie Hunnam in the leading role of the movie Fifty Shades, which is expected to be released in 2015. The movie is an adaptation of the best-selling novel by E.L. James. Professionally it has been a very busy year for Dornan after he bagged the role in the movie. On personal front, Dornan's wife gave birth to a baby girl five months ago.
"I'm tired. I'm tired. Mad year, professionally, personally," Dornan revealed about his year 2013.
So what are his future plans? What is the actor looking forward to after the release of "Fifty Shades of Grey?"
"Right now I don't need to work if there's nothing that I want to do. I've done three jobs back to back. Let's see how they are received. If there's nothing I want to do, I'll just play golf and change nappies," Dornan revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown