'Fifty Shades of Grey' Actor Jamie Dornan: 'I Want A Job Where I Don't Have To Tie Women to Beds'
By nidhi tewari | April 23, 2014 8:08 AM EST
Jamie Dornan might have bagged the most memorable role of his life as Christian Grey in the upcoming movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" but the Irish hunk is clearly not enjoying tying women to bed as his role required him to do in the movie. The 31-year-old former Calvin Klein model also joked how he has mastered the art of tying different types of knots! However he is clear in his mind that he wants a job in future which does not involve "tying women to beds."
Dornan is also playing the role of a serial killer who ties his victims before killing them in the movie "The Fall" and as the multi-millionaire kinky lover in "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie with Dakota Johnson. In Fifty Shades too Jamie's role involves tying women in bondage scenes. However the soft-hearted guy clearly does not enjoy this in his real life.
"There are a couple of classic knots I know now," Dornan joked in his latest interview with The Guardian, "and I've put them to good use far too many times recently. In fact I'd like to do a job where I don't have to tie women to beds."
He even considers the amount of attention he is receiving for entire bondage sex themed movie rather weird and believes that he could "lose" his mind.
"The whole thing's ridiculous. It's just all a bit silly the way it works. I think I could lose my mind," Jamie told the newspaper.
Jamie replaced Charlie Hunnam in the leading role of the movie Fifty Shades, which is expected to be released in 2015. The movie is an adaptation of the best-selling novel by E.L. James. Professionally it has been a very busy year for Dornan after he bagged the role in the movie. On personal front, Dornan's wife gave birth to a baby girl five months ago.
"I'm tired. I'm tired. Mad year, professionally, personally," Dornan revealed about his year 2013.
So what are his future plans? What is the actor looking forward to after the release of "Fifty Shades of Grey?"
"Right now I don't need to work if there's nothing that I want to do. I've done three jobs back to back. Let's see how they are received. If there's nothing I want to do, I'll just play golf and change nappies," Dornan revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight