'Fifty Shades of Grey' Actor Jamie Dornan: 'I Want A Job Where I Don't Have To Tie Women to Beds'
By nidhi tewari | April 23, 2014 8:08 AM EST
Jamie Dornan might have bagged the most memorable role of his life as Christian Grey in the upcoming movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" but the Irish hunk is clearly not enjoying tying women to bed as his role required him to do in the movie. The 31-year-old former Calvin Klein model also joked how he has mastered the art of tying different types of knots! However he is clear in his mind that he wants a job in future which does not involve "tying women to beds."
Dornan is also playing the role of a serial killer who ties his victims before killing them in the movie "The Fall" and as the multi-millionaire kinky lover in "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie with Dakota Johnson. In Fifty Shades too Jamie's role involves tying women in bondage scenes. However the soft-hearted guy clearly does not enjoy this in his real life.
"There are a couple of classic knots I know now," Dornan joked in his latest interview with The Guardian, "and I've put them to good use far too many times recently. In fact I'd like to do a job where I don't have to tie women to beds."
He even considers the amount of attention he is receiving for entire bondage sex themed movie rather weird and believes that he could "lose" his mind.
"The whole thing's ridiculous. It's just all a bit silly the way it works. I think I could lose my mind," Jamie told the newspaper.
Jamie replaced Charlie Hunnam in the leading role of the movie Fifty Shades, which is expected to be released in 2015. The movie is an adaptation of the best-selling novel by E.L. James. Professionally it has been a very busy year for Dornan after he bagged the role in the movie. On personal front, Dornan's wife gave birth to a baby girl five months ago.
"I'm tired. I'm tired. Mad year, professionally, personally," Dornan revealed about his year 2013.
So what are his future plans? What is the actor looking forward to after the release of "Fifty Shades of Grey?"
"Right now I don't need to work if there's nothing that I want to do. I've done three jobs back to back. Let's see how they are received. If there's nothing I want to do, I'll just play golf and change nappies," Dornan revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga