'Fifty Shades of Grey' Actor Jamie Dornan: 'I Want A Job Where I Don't Have To Tie Women to Beds'
By nidhi tewari | April 23, 2014 8:08 AM EST
Jamie Dornan might have bagged the most memorable role of his life as Christian Grey in the upcoming movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" but the Irish hunk is clearly not enjoying tying women to bed as his role required him to do in the movie. The 31-year-old former Calvin Klein model also joked how he has mastered the art of tying different types of knots! However he is clear in his mind that he wants a job in future which does not involve "tying women to beds."
Dornan is also playing the role of a serial killer who ties his victims before killing them in the movie "The Fall" and as the multi-millionaire kinky lover in "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie with Dakota Johnson. In Fifty Shades too Jamie's role involves tying women in bondage scenes. However the soft-hearted guy clearly does not enjoy this in his real life.
"There are a couple of classic knots I know now," Dornan joked in his latest interview with The Guardian, "and I've put them to good use far too many times recently. In fact I'd like to do a job where I don't have to tie women to beds."
He even considers the amount of attention he is receiving for entire bondage sex themed movie rather weird and believes that he could "lose" his mind.
"The whole thing's ridiculous. It's just all a bit silly the way it works. I think I could lose my mind," Jamie told the newspaper.
Jamie replaced Charlie Hunnam in the leading role of the movie Fifty Shades, which is expected to be released in 2015. The movie is an adaptation of the best-selling novel by E.L. James. Professionally it has been a very busy year for Dornan after he bagged the role in the movie. On personal front, Dornan's wife gave birth to a baby girl five months ago.
"I'm tired. I'm tired. Mad year, professionally, personally," Dornan revealed about his year 2013.
So what are his future plans? What is the actor looking forward to after the release of "Fifty Shades of Grey?"
"Right now I don't need to work if there's nothing that I want to do. I've done three jobs back to back. Let's see how they are received. If there's nothing I want to do, I'll just play golf and change nappies," Dornan revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone