Watch Glenn Maxwell's Stunning Innings: Kings XI Punjab vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Match Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 23, 2014 4:18 AM EST
Glenn Maxwell just continues to set the IPL alight, with the Australian putting on another batting master class to guide his Kings XI side to a third straight victory of the season.
Maxwell's scorching 95 from 43 balls was just too much for the Sunrisers Hyderabad, who folded up for just 121 in 19.2 overs, chasing a big total of 193 for six, which the Kings XI Punjab posted courtesy that stunning innings from the Australian.
"The wicket was a bit different than I thought it was going to be, but it was nice to pick up a comfortable win in the end," Maxwell said. "I have got a simple game plan, I try to target certain bowlers, and once I get in I just try to back that plan.
"I feel like I'm still batting for the team and doing the best that I can," added the Australian who yet again fell agonisingly short of what would have been another deserved hundred."
The Sunrisers have lost both their games now, and really need to rethink their batting strategy, with their top three of Shikhar Dhawan, Aaron Finch and David Warner failing to make an impression for a second consecutive game.
While the bowlers, usually their trump card, failed to stop Maxwell, who was dropped by Warner when the Australian was on only 11, the Sunrisers cannot always rely on their bowling unit to bail them out of trouble, with the onus now firmly on the batsmen to put in a good performance in their next game.
"I think we dropped too many catches, especially the Maxwell catch," a visibly disappointed Dhawan said. "We lost early wickets, and it was a big batting failure today. We tried our best, but it didn't go our way. We need to work harder on our batting group and need to score more runs."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation