Watch Glenn Maxwell's Stunning Innings: Kings XI Punjab vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Match Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 23, 2014 4:18 AM EST
Glenn Maxwell just continues to set the IPL alight, with the Australian putting on another batting master class to guide his Kings XI side to a third straight victory of the season.
Maxwell's scorching 95 from 43 balls was just too much for the Sunrisers Hyderabad, who folded up for just 121 in 19.2 overs, chasing a big total of 193 for six, which the Kings XI Punjab posted courtesy that stunning innings from the Australian.
"The wicket was a bit different than I thought it was going to be, but it was nice to pick up a comfortable win in the end," Maxwell said. "I have got a simple game plan, I try to target certain bowlers, and once I get in I just try to back that plan.
"I feel like I'm still batting for the team and doing the best that I can," added the Australian who yet again fell agonisingly short of what would have been another deserved hundred."
The Sunrisers have lost both their games now, and really need to rethink their batting strategy, with their top three of Shikhar Dhawan, Aaron Finch and David Warner failing to make an impression for a second consecutive game.
While the bowlers, usually their trump card, failed to stop Maxwell, who was dropped by Warner when the Australian was on only 11, the Sunrisers cannot always rely on their bowling unit to bail them out of trouble, with the onus now firmly on the batsmen to put in a good performance in their next game.
"I think we dropped too many catches, especially the Maxwell catch," a visibly disappointed Dhawan said. "We lost early wickets, and it was a big batting failure today. We tried our best, but it didn't go our way. We need to work harder on our batting group and need to score more runs."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles