Watch Glenn Maxwell's Stunning Innings: Kings XI Punjab vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Match Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 23, 2014 4:18 AM EST
Glenn Maxwell just continues to set the IPL alight, with the Australian putting on another batting master class to guide his Kings XI side to a third straight victory of the season.
Maxwell's scorching 95 from 43 balls was just too much for the Sunrisers Hyderabad, who folded up for just 121 in 19.2 overs, chasing a big total of 193 for six, which the Kings XI Punjab posted courtesy that stunning innings from the Australian.
"The wicket was a bit different than I thought it was going to be, but it was nice to pick up a comfortable win in the end," Maxwell said. "I have got a simple game plan, I try to target certain bowlers, and once I get in I just try to back that plan.
"I feel like I'm still batting for the team and doing the best that I can," added the Australian who yet again fell agonisingly short of what would have been another deserved hundred."
The Sunrisers have lost both their games now, and really need to rethink their batting strategy, with their top three of Shikhar Dhawan, Aaron Finch and David Warner failing to make an impression for a second consecutive game.
While the bowlers, usually their trump card, failed to stop Maxwell, who was dropped by Warner when the Australian was on only 11, the Sunrisers cannot always rely on their bowling unit to bail them out of trouble, with the onus now firmly on the batsmen to put in a good performance in their next game.
"I think we dropped too many catches, especially the Maxwell catch," a visibly disappointed Dhawan said. "We lost early wickets, and it was a big batting failure today. We tried our best, but it didn't go our way. We need to work harder on our batting group and need to score more runs."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia