Watch Glenn Maxwell's Stunning Innings: Kings XI Punjab vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Match Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 23, 2014 4:18 AM EST
Glenn Maxwell just continues to set the IPL alight, with the Australian putting on another batting master class to guide his Kings XI side to a third straight victory of the season.
Maxwell's scorching 95 from 43 balls was just too much for the Sunrisers Hyderabad, who folded up for just 121 in 19.2 overs, chasing a big total of 193 for six, which the Kings XI Punjab posted courtesy that stunning innings from the Australian.
"The wicket was a bit different than I thought it was going to be, but it was nice to pick up a comfortable win in the end," Maxwell said. "I have got a simple game plan, I try to target certain bowlers, and once I get in I just try to back that plan.
"I feel like I'm still batting for the team and doing the best that I can," added the Australian who yet again fell agonisingly short of what would have been another deserved hundred."
The Sunrisers have lost both their games now, and really need to rethink their batting strategy, with their top three of Shikhar Dhawan, Aaron Finch and David Warner failing to make an impression for a second consecutive game.
While the bowlers, usually their trump card, failed to stop Maxwell, who was dropped by Warner when the Australian was on only 11, the Sunrisers cannot always rely on their bowling unit to bail them out of trouble, with the onus now firmly on the batsmen to put in a good performance in their next game.
"I think we dropped too many catches, especially the Maxwell catch," a visibly disappointed Dhawan said. "We lost early wickets, and it was a big batting failure today. We tried our best, but it didn't go our way. We need to work harder on our batting group and need to score more runs."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories