Watch Glenn Maxwell's Stunning Innings: Kings XI Punjab vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Match Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 23, 2014 4:18 AM EST
Glenn Maxwell just continues to set the IPL alight, with the Australian putting on another batting master class to guide his Kings XI side to a third straight victory of the season.
Maxwell's scorching 95 from 43 balls was just too much for the Sunrisers Hyderabad, who folded up for just 121 in 19.2 overs, chasing a big total of 193 for six, which the Kings XI Punjab posted courtesy that stunning innings from the Australian.
"The wicket was a bit different than I thought it was going to be, but it was nice to pick up a comfortable win in the end," Maxwell said. "I have got a simple game plan, I try to target certain bowlers, and once I get in I just try to back that plan.
"I feel like I'm still batting for the team and doing the best that I can," added the Australian who yet again fell agonisingly short of what would have been another deserved hundred."
The Sunrisers have lost both their games now, and really need to rethink their batting strategy, with their top three of Shikhar Dhawan, Aaron Finch and David Warner failing to make an impression for a second consecutive game.
While the bowlers, usually their trump card, failed to stop Maxwell, who was dropped by Warner when the Australian was on only 11, the Sunrisers cannot always rely on their bowling unit to bail them out of trouble, with the onus now firmly on the batsmen to put in a good performance in their next game.
"I think we dropped too many catches, especially the Maxwell catch," a visibly disappointed Dhawan said. "We lost early wickets, and it was a big batting failure today. We tried our best, but it didn't go our way. We need to work harder on our batting group and need to score more runs."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine