NBA Playoffs East First Round – Game 2: Atlanta Hawks vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | April 23, 2014 4:12 AM EST
Can the Atlanta Hawks achieve the improbable and steal two games away from home? Will the Indiana Pacers continue their implosion and fall into a 0-2 hole?
The Hawks and Pacers meet again Tuesday evening (Wednesday morning Australia) for Game Two of their best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Atlanta Hawks at Indiana Pacers
Atlanta beat Indiana, 101-93 in the opener not only covering the 7.5-point spread but winning the game straight-up. Hawks backers who trusted them moneyline are indeed rejoicing.
The Hawks will try to do it again in the second game when they are priced the same against the spread (ATS) as 7.5 underdogs.
Betting-wise, Atlanta is streaking ATS too. They are perfect in covering the spread five straight times on the road and six consecutive times overall.
Conversely, the Pacers have struggled ATS. They are bad against East squads with a record of 6-19-1 ATS in the last 26 match-ups in their own conference and are even worse at home—covering twice in the last dozen games at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.
Betting Lines: Atlanta Hawks (+7.5) vs. Indiana Pacers (O/U: 186.5)
Game time: 9:00 am AEDT
Atlanta Hawks Trends
- The Hawks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a SU/ATS win
- The Hawks are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The Hawks are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Hawks are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 15-35-1 ATS in their last 51 games
- The Pacers are 6-19-1 ATS in their last 26 games vs. East teams
- The Pacers are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 games at home
- The Pacers are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Southeast division teams
What Happened in Game One:
Jeff Teague (28 points and 5 assists) and Paul Millsap (25 points and 8 rebounds) couldn't be contained while Paul George-- 25 points on 6-of-18 shooting-- was ineffective.
The Pacers offense struggled overall even as the starters had a total of 11 turnovers between them. Seven TOs came from big men Roy Hibbert and David West. Both also just combined for 16 points.
The Hawks used a 30-16 third quarter to break away from the Pacers. At halftime, the score was tied at 50-all.
Can the Pacers bounce back in Game Two? Will they be able to take care of the ball? Atlanta hit 11 three-pointers in Game One; can the Hawks shoot well again from the outside again? Will the Hawks get the 2-0 lead over the East’s top seed?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Wants The Los Angeles Lakers To ‘Suck Forever’
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Avoiding Fight, Always Making Excuses— Manny Pacquiao
- Roger Federer News: Swiss Great Slams Umpire’s Conduct In Wake Of Alleged Row With Stan Wawrinka
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots