The Elder Scrolls Online Item Duplication Glitch Revealed, Now Patched, Thousands Banned
By Aditya Bhat | April 23, 2014 3:25 AM EST
ZeniMax Studios, the developer of MMORPG title, The Elder Scrolls Online, discovered a new item duplication glitch that allowed players to duplicate the items in their bank. And once these items were safely deposited in the bank, players were able to withdraw these items repeatedly.
The Elder Scrolls Online was released on 4 April, 2014.
GTA 5 Online: Infinite Money Glitch takes Content Creator Offline; GTA 5 PC Petition Inching Close to 700,000 Signatures – What Next?
"Yesterday, we identified an item duping bug in ESO that some players chose to exploit. We acted quickly, and have since fixed the issue. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to abusing exploitable bugs, and those who were found doing so have has their game account permanently banned," reads a post on the official Forum.
The bug has been fixed following a patch 1.04 from the developer. It has also banned players exploiting this glitch. The company has also asked players whose accounts were legitimate to contact them if their accounts were affected.
The Elder Scrolls Online is the newest from the developer, was released on 4 April 2014 for PC and Mac. The game is a part of The Elder Scrolls series and this is the multiplayer version of the game. ZeniMax has also planned to release the game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 30 June.
The game allows players access to four classes - Dragon Knight, Templar, Sorcerer and Nightblade. It has a nonlinear gameplay where it is a mixture of quests, events and the company encourages the players to explore the gaming world.
The glitch was reportedly existed even in the beta phase of the game, but the developer took so long to patch the glitch. It was further suggested that this might not be the only glitch that might be seen in The Elder Scrolls Online, since there will always be players trying to beat the rules. Players must note again that this glitch will get them banned from the game.
Image credit: elderscrollsonline.com
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best