The Elder Scrolls Online Item Duplication Glitch Revealed, Now Patched, Thousands Banned
By Aditya Bhat | April 23, 2014 3:25 AM EST
ZeniMax Studios, the developer of MMORPG title, The Elder Scrolls Online, discovered a new item duplication glitch that allowed players to duplicate the items in their bank. And once these items were safely deposited in the bank, players were able to withdraw these items repeatedly.
The Elder Scrolls Online was released on 4 April, 2014.
GTA 5 Online: Infinite Money Glitch takes Content Creator Offline; GTA 5 PC Petition Inching Close to 700,000 Signatures – What Next?
"Yesterday, we identified an item duping bug in ESO that some players chose to exploit. We acted quickly, and have since fixed the issue. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to abusing exploitable bugs, and those who were found doing so have has their game account permanently banned," reads a post on the official Forum.
The bug has been fixed following a patch 1.04 from the developer. It has also banned players exploiting this glitch. The company has also asked players whose accounts were legitimate to contact them if their accounts were affected.
The Elder Scrolls Online is the newest from the developer, was released on 4 April 2014 for PC and Mac. The game is a part of The Elder Scrolls series and this is the multiplayer version of the game. ZeniMax has also planned to release the game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 30 June.
The game allows players access to four classes - Dragon Knight, Templar, Sorcerer and Nightblade. It has a nonlinear gameplay where it is a mixture of quests, events and the company encourages the players to explore the gaming world.
The glitch was reportedly existed even in the beta phase of the game, but the developer took so long to patch the glitch. It was further suggested that this might not be the only glitch that might be seen in The Elder Scrolls Online, since there will always be players trying to beat the rules. Players must note again that this glitch will get them banned from the game.
Image credit: elderscrollsonline.com
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report