The Elder Scrolls Online Item Duplication Glitch Revealed, Now Patched, Thousands Banned
By Aditya Bhat | April 23, 2014 3:25 AM EST
ZeniMax Studios, the developer of MMORPG title, The Elder Scrolls Online, discovered a new item duplication glitch that allowed players to duplicate the items in their bank. And once these items were safely deposited in the bank, players were able to withdraw these items repeatedly.
The Elder Scrolls Online was released on 4 April, 2014.
GTA 5 Online: Infinite Money Glitch takes Content Creator Offline; GTA 5 PC Petition Inching Close to 700,000 Signatures – What Next?
"Yesterday, we identified an item duping bug in ESO that some players chose to exploit. We acted quickly, and have since fixed the issue. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to abusing exploitable bugs, and those who were found doing so have has their game account permanently banned," reads a post on the official Forum.
The bug has been fixed following a patch 1.04 from the developer. It has also banned players exploiting this glitch. The company has also asked players whose accounts were legitimate to contact them if their accounts were affected.
The Elder Scrolls Online is the newest from the developer, was released on 4 April 2014 for PC and Mac. The game is a part of The Elder Scrolls series and this is the multiplayer version of the game. ZeniMax has also planned to release the game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 30 June.
The game allows players access to four classes - Dragon Knight, Templar, Sorcerer and Nightblade. It has a nonlinear gameplay where it is a mixture of quests, events and the company encourages the players to explore the gaming world.
The glitch was reportedly existed even in the beta phase of the game, but the developer took so long to patch the glitch. It was further suggested that this might not be the only glitch that might be seen in The Elder Scrolls Online, since there will always be players trying to beat the rules. Players must note again that this glitch will get them banned from the game.
Image credit: elderscrollsonline.com
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions