The Elder Scrolls Online Item Duplication Glitch Revealed, Now Patched, Thousands Banned
By Aditya Bhat | April 23, 2014 3:25 AM EST
ZeniMax Studios, the developer of MMORPG title, The Elder Scrolls Online, discovered a new item duplication glitch that allowed players to duplicate the items in their bank. And once these items were safely deposited in the bank, players were able to withdraw these items repeatedly.
The Elder Scrolls Online was released on 4 April, 2014.
GTA 5 Online: Infinite Money Glitch takes Content Creator Offline; GTA 5 PC Petition Inching Close to 700,000 Signatures – What Next?
"Yesterday, we identified an item duping bug in ESO that some players chose to exploit. We acted quickly, and have since fixed the issue. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to abusing exploitable bugs, and those who were found doing so have has their game account permanently banned," reads a post on the official Forum.
The bug has been fixed following a patch 1.04 from the developer. It has also banned players exploiting this glitch. The company has also asked players whose accounts were legitimate to contact them if their accounts were affected.
The Elder Scrolls Online is the newest from the developer, was released on 4 April 2014 for PC and Mac. The game is a part of The Elder Scrolls series and this is the multiplayer version of the game. ZeniMax has also planned to release the game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 30 June.
The game allows players access to four classes - Dragon Knight, Templar, Sorcerer and Nightblade. It has a nonlinear gameplay where it is a mixture of quests, events and the company encourages the players to explore the gaming world.
The glitch was reportedly existed even in the beta phase of the game, but the developer took so long to patch the glitch. It was further suggested that this might not be the only glitch that might be seen in The Elder Scrolls Online, since there will always be players trying to beat the rules. Players must note again that this glitch will get them banned from the game.
Image credit: elderscrollsonline.com
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch