Lok Sabha Elections 2014: PM Post Not Ancestral Right of Nehru-Gandhi Family: Pawan Kalyan
By Rama Mohan | April 23, 2014 1:20 AM EST
The post of Prime Minister of India is not an ancestral right of any particular family, Jana Sena founder-leader and Telugu film star Pawan Kalyan stated on 22 April, directly attacking the dynastic politics of the Nehru-Gandhi family in Congress.
Addressing a large crowd of rally at the LB Stadium in Hyderabad, Pawan stressed that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is trying to get to the high post without any prior achievements like Narendra Modi, the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He likened the path to the PM post to a cricketer's journey to the top; he/she who should play at district and state levels first, before graduating into the national team.
Modi has taken Gujarat on the road to development during his regime as the state's Chief Minister, the Jana Sena founder said. The entire country wants to make Modi the next Prime Minister, Pawan added.
He said that throughout the country, the slogan that is reverberating is: "Congress Hatao, Deshko Bachao (get rid of Congress and save the nation)". National Democratic Alliance (NDA) would not spare those persons or elements who try to divide the integrity of the nation, Pawan said.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu, who shared the dais along with Modi and Kalyan, praised Modi for utilising technology in Gujarat's development process. Even for election campaigning Modi is using 3D technology, he said. He described Modi as a self-made personality. If Modi becomes the next Prime Minister of the country, he (Modi) would become an inspiration to one and all in backward community, Naidu added.
Modi, who spoke after Pawan and Naidu, said that this term the Lok Sabha election has a specialty that unites Naidu, Pawan and himself.
Earlier, Modi, who left Mahebubnagar for Hyderabad rally, was welcomed by TDP and BJP cadre at Begumpet airport in Hyderabad. Supporters of both BJP and TDP and fans of Pawan Kalyan had congregated in large numbers at the LB Stadium, before the start of the function. Strong police security was in place in and around the stadium.
Meanwhile, Lok Satta Party has supported BJP's PM nominee Modi. Founder of Lok Satta, Jayaprakash Narayan, met Modi at Begumpet airport. Modi has the capacity to create employment opportunities to the youth of the country, Jayaprakash said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Kate Middleton, Kelly Brook Have 'Most Perfect Breasts' While Kim Kardashian, Rihanna Have 'Least Desirable' Breasts, New Survey Finds [SEE PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
Join the Conversation
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- US-led Coalition Has Launched First Airstrike vs. ISIS in Syria – Pentagon
- ISIS Used 'GTA 5' in Teen Recruitment Video, Violent Games Help Gain More Followers
- Chilling: Group Deadlier Than ISIS Had Risen
- MH 17 Victims’ In Germany To Sue Ukraine For Man Slaughter: German Pilot Says Plane's Cockpit Was Fired From Both Sides
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L