Lok Sabha Elections 2014: PM Post Not Ancestral Right of Nehru-Gandhi Family: Pawan Kalyan
By Rama Mohan | April 23, 2014 1:20 AM EST
The post of Prime Minister of India is not an ancestral right of any particular family, Jana Sena founder-leader and Telugu film star Pawan Kalyan stated on 22 April, directly attacking the dynastic politics of the Nehru-Gandhi family in Congress.
Addressing a large crowd of rally at the LB Stadium in Hyderabad, Pawan stressed that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is trying to get to the high post without any prior achievements like Narendra Modi, the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He likened the path to the PM post to a cricketer's journey to the top; he/she who should play at district and state levels first, before graduating into the national team.
Modi has taken Gujarat on the road to development during his regime as the state's Chief Minister, the Jana Sena founder said. The entire country wants to make Modi the next Prime Minister, Pawan added.
He said that throughout the country, the slogan that is reverberating is: "Congress Hatao, Deshko Bachao (get rid of Congress and save the nation)". National Democratic Alliance (NDA) would not spare those persons or elements who try to divide the integrity of the nation, Pawan said.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu, who shared the dais along with Modi and Kalyan, praised Modi for utilising technology in Gujarat's development process. Even for election campaigning Modi is using 3D technology, he said. He described Modi as a self-made personality. If Modi becomes the next Prime Minister of the country, he (Modi) would become an inspiration to one and all in backward community, Naidu added.
Modi, who spoke after Pawan and Naidu, said that this term the Lok Sabha election has a specialty that unites Naidu, Pawan and himself.
Earlier, Modi, who left Mahebubnagar for Hyderabad rally, was welcomed by TDP and BJP cadre at Begumpet airport in Hyderabad. Supporters of both BJP and TDP and fans of Pawan Kalyan had congregated in large numbers at the LB Stadium, before the start of the function. Strong police security was in place in and around the stadium.
Meanwhile, Lok Satta Party has supported BJP's PM nominee Modi. Founder of Lok Satta, Jayaprakash Narayan, met Modi at Begumpet airport. Modi has the capacity to create employment opportunities to the youth of the country, Jayaprakash said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- U.S. ‘Defends’ Israel for ‘Disgraceful’ Attack on UN School in Gaza that Killed 15
- Gold in China: 127-Tonne Gold Reserves Tapped in Xinjiang
- NSW Braces for Severe Weather Condition
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools