Lok Sabha Elections 2014: PM Post Not Ancestral Right of Nehru-Gandhi Family: Pawan Kalyan
By Rama Mohan | April 23, 2014 1:20 AM EST
The post of Prime Minister of India is not an ancestral right of any particular family, Jana Sena founder-leader and Telugu film star Pawan Kalyan stated on 22 April, directly attacking the dynastic politics of the Nehru-Gandhi family in Congress.
Addressing a large crowd of rally at the LB Stadium in Hyderabad, Pawan stressed that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is trying to get to the high post without any prior achievements like Narendra Modi, the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He likened the path to the PM post to a cricketer's journey to the top; he/she who should play at district and state levels first, before graduating into the national team.
Modi has taken Gujarat on the road to development during his regime as the state's Chief Minister, the Jana Sena founder said. The entire country wants to make Modi the next Prime Minister, Pawan added.
He said that throughout the country, the slogan that is reverberating is: "Congress Hatao, Deshko Bachao (get rid of Congress and save the nation)". National Democratic Alliance (NDA) would not spare those persons or elements who try to divide the integrity of the nation, Pawan said.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu, who shared the dais along with Modi and Kalyan, praised Modi for utilising technology in Gujarat's development process. Even for election campaigning Modi is using 3D technology, he said. He described Modi as a self-made personality. If Modi becomes the next Prime Minister of the country, he (Modi) would become an inspiration to one and all in backward community, Naidu added.
Modi, who spoke after Pawan and Naidu, said that this term the Lok Sabha election has a specialty that unites Naidu, Pawan and himself.
Earlier, Modi, who left Mahebubnagar for Hyderabad rally, was welcomed by TDP and BJP cadre at Begumpet airport in Hyderabad. Supporters of both BJP and TDP and fans of Pawan Kalyan had congregated in large numbers at the LB Stadium, before the start of the function. Strong police security was in place in and around the stadium.
Meanwhile, Lok Satta Party has supported BJP's PM nominee Modi. Founder of Lok Satta, Jayaprakash Narayan, met Modi at Begumpet airport. Modi has the capacity to create employment opportunities to the youth of the country, Jayaprakash said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones