Liverpool FC Transfer News: River Plate Promising Youngster Made Available for Summer Move Alert Reds
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 23, 2014 12:10 AM EST
Liverpool are now monitoring the status of River Plate promising youngster Manuel Lanfini after club president Rodolfo D'Onoforio declared that he is available for a summer move.
Liverpool are monitoring the status of River Plate youngster Manuel Lanfini as Brendan Rodgers looks to add depth to his squad
The Argentine side stated in the past that they are not willing to let go of their prized asset, however, with the Los Millonarios facing financial difficulties of late, earning profit from the transfer window has become an option.
Several top clubs around Europe are linked with the 21-year-old, particularly, Serie A outfit Lazio, but D'Onoforio revealed that none has approached them formally.
"We still haven't received anything from Lazio and nor from any other team," the River Chief said in a press conference.
"We only heard what is being said in the press. Of course, we are going to analyse an offer if it comes in."
"However, we are also going to listen to what the player wants to do."
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to add depth to his squad, which have already earned a ticket back to the biggest stage in club football next season - the Champions League - and will apparently have a busier campaign.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’