Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS Available for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) via SOKP Custom Firmware [Installation Tutorial]
By Rohit KVN | April 23, 2014 12:09 AM EST
Popular custom ROM makers Sonic Developers have reportedly released Cyanogen Mod 11.00-based Android v4.4.2 KitKat SOKP (Sonic Open Kang Project) for Samsung's 2012 flagship phablet Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) international model.
The new custom ROM comes with inbuilt tools for customization, Real True-HD DTS Sound with Brilliant HD Display optimizations for videos and images, option to hide notification labels, network traffic meter, phone encryption, double tap to sleep option, CRT animation, customizable battery meter, screen lock options, Advanced Display control configurable screen colors, Chameleon OS Active Display and many more options.
Pre-requisites (things to remember before the installation of custom ROM in the smartphone):
- Though custom ROM gives unrestricted powers (options) to the device, once installed, the smartphone company's warranty stands void and will no longer be liable for future updates [warranty can be restored by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This Custom ROM has to installed only on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model N7100
- Rooting of devices leads to complete data wipe out, so make sure of backing up all data.
- Users' phone must be rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery, TWRP and Google Apps tools.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC to connect your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (Windows users can download, here)
- Make sure your smartphone has more than 80-percent battery.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting of Android devices. If the step-by-step custom ROM installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if smartphones get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) Android v4.4.2 KitKat SOKP (Sonic Open Kang Project) Custom ROM Installation Tutorial:
Step 2: Connect Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to PC via USB chord.
Step 3: Then, place SOKP Android v4.4.2 ROM and Google Apps zip files into the phone's SD card memory. [Users are advised to paste the .zip files in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 4: Now turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery mode sortie, by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' keys.
Step 6: After entering ClockMod Recovery mode, perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional but many recommend this procedure so that users will not face boot loops or other errors ]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery menu page and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' option and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process and again perform the same procedure to install the Gapps (Google Apps) zip file [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once the installation is completed, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-boot the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Galaxy Note N7100) will take minimum five minutes to complete the booting process. Users then head to Settings >> select About Phone to confirm the installation of custom Android 4.4.2 KitKat SOKP ROM.
[Credits: Team Android] (Ed: VP)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports