Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date: 10 Expected Features of New Flagship Phablet
By Raymond Ronamai | April 23, 2014 12:03 AM EST
Samsung Electronics may not announce the release date of its upcoming phablet Galaxy Note 4 till a few days before its unpack event but that has not stopped neither the insiders nor the media from speculating about the specifications of the device.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Several conflicting features of Galaxy Note 4 have surfaced, and a new report by a website, called Samsung4Note, hints at a few more features that can be seen in the purported device.
Here are 10 features expected in Samsung Galaxy Note 4:
1. Processor: Galaxy Note 4 may be powered by Quad Core Snapdragon 805 processor, clocked at 2.5GHz, according to Samsung4Note.
2. Display: The device is expected to have a 5.5 inch super Amoled display with a resolution of 2560x1440 giving a ppi of 500+, according to Samsung4Note. However, earlier reports suggested that it would have an AMOLED Ultra HD, 3480x2160 pixel display.
3. Camera: It is expected to have a 16MP rear camera with ISOCELL technology, 4K video recording and a 2MP front cam with 1080p video recording, reported Samsung4Note.
4. Connectivity: LTE Cat 6 Support
5. Battery: 3,600 to 3,800 mAh battery (as reported by TheGalaxyNote4 website)
6. S-Pen stylus with updated gestures and air command, according to Samsung4Note.
7. Hardware: The device is expected to have advanced hardware design - 20 nm 4 GB DDR3 DRAM, according to TheGalaxyNote4. However, Samsung4Note reported that it would have 3GB LPDDR3 RAM.
8: Water and dust resistant.
10. Touchwiz expected to be optimized for Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
The much-awaited phablet is expected to be unveiled in September like its predecessor Note 3. The Korea Times also reported, citing sources, that it would be unveiled at the the upcoming annual IFA trade fair in Berlin, Germany this September.
"Samsung is considering holding a launch event of the Note4 at the IFA trade fair. It is in the middle of finalizing specification details for the upcoming phablet," an official from Samsung told The Korea Times by telephone.
Photo credit: Screenshot/ Samsung official (Ed: VP)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015